x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

create a partnership

MoMagnum
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-02 9:47 PM
#
Alright, been trying to create a partnership with my laptop-no serial port. I have a USB to serial adapter that I have been trying with no success. When I plug the Jornada (680e BTW) into the laptop, it tries to connect atomatically, so I think the cable is working. The laptop just says it can't recognize the device. HELP! Please.
Newest version of activesync being used.

Thanks,
Moe
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-10-02 10:05 PM
#
Try to use Infrared port then I successfully connect J690 with my Notebook using USB to serial adapter (I use BAFO BF-810 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=166842&CatId=464)

Have you check the USB-Serial adapter work properly?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-10-02 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

MoMagnum - 2005-10-02 8:47 PM

Alright, been trying to create a partnership with my laptop-no serial port. I have a USB to serial adapter that I have been trying with no success. When I plug the Jornada (680e BTW) into the laptop, it tries to connect atomatically, so I think the cable is working. The laptop just says it can't recognize the device. HELP! Please.

Thanks,
Moe

For some reason the 680 likes the 3.X sync software and does not work at all for me with anything higher. I would say to try 3.8 and it should work.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-02 11:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Or use radio shack's adapter, I use it on my Palm and 2010c H/PC. http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=26-183
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 12:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

MoMagnum - 2005-10-03 3:47 AM

the problem is the version of activesync. get 3.8, not the newest 4.0.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 12:44 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

cmonex - 2005-10-02 11:12 PM

MoMagnum - 2005-10-03 3:47 AM

the problem is the version of activesync. get 3.8, not the newest 4.0.

isn't that what I said?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2005-10-03 6:44 AM

isn't that what I said?

well i just confirmed it officially.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 1:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I had similar problems with my serial-to-USB adapter until I got one with a driver included. Even though I have XP, it doesn't seem to include compatible drivers for serial adapters. Once I installed the driver, it worked fine, and I haven't had a problem since (except that, sometimes, it doesn't initiate ActiveSync on its own and I have to click on "Get Connected"; I think that having multiple partnerships on the same computer may be a factor).
 Top of the page
MoMagnum
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 8:19 PM
#
I am using 3.8, sorry, thought that was the latest version. I do not have an IR port. I really don't want to spend $40 on another adapter that isn't going to work either. Ughh.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 8:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

cmonex - 2005-10-03 12:05 AM

Yoldering - 2005-10-03 6:44 AM

isn't that what I said?

well i just confirmed it officially.

LOL
 Top of the page
MoMagnum
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 10:02 PM
#
It is, apparently, the cable. G/F's Clie pops up "found new hardware" through the USB cord, but putting it through the same adapter cable (Clie can do either USB or serial) dosen't do anything. Will look for a new adapter tomorrow I guess.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 10:23 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Uh-ha, figured as much, taka a very very close look at the pins on the cable, they may be a little bent. Other than that; you will need a new cable. here is a link for one for $20. I bought cables for the MP 790 and they came very fast.
http://www.usedhandhelds.com/nustore/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=45&strPageHistory=cat
 Top of the page
MoMagnum
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 8:50 PM
#
Fixed, thanks for the help. The new adapter let me connect just long enough to create a partnership. Thank you cord, now I can wi-fi. Thanks again.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11