x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket visual Basic

1 2
Andy
Andy Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 1:17 PM
#
Hi Folks

Anyone no where to get Pocket visual Basic?? Need the ce2 version.

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 10:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Andy - 2005-10-04 11:17 AM

Hi Folks

Anyone no where to get Pocket visual Basic?? Need the ce2 version.

regards
Andrew

HPC Factor Developer downloads

The MFC library is the corner stone of base software development on Windows CE. However not all Windows CE devices shipped with the applicable MFC library in ROM. This redistributable contains the MFC library's for Windows CE 1, 2, HPC Pro, Palm-Size PC 1.2, HPC2000 and a limited number from Windows CE 4.0. For all processors. Visual Basic Runtime redistributables are available for Windows CE 2.11, 3.00 and WM platforms. Developers should ensure that CAB installer scripts do not specify 'copy if present' as installation will fail

Here's link http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/

EDIT: Was not specific enough
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 1:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is no VB version for 2.0 there. Moreover, I tried copying all the 2.11 SH3 files to my Jornada, but I still can't run any .pvb applications. I get an error message saying that pvb.exe is required but not installed. I'm just a village idiot; maybe someone can shed some light here.
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 1:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i have got the same problem. my 620lx from hp has got the vbce toolkit runtime, they re not enough for games like dartboard and dograces(tucows.com).

m$ support doesnt know a possibility either.
maybe there s a rom upgrade available.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

my problem is the same....
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-08 12:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2005-10-06 11:29 PM

There is no VB version for 2.0 there. Moreover, I tried copying all the 2.11 SH3 files to my Jornada, but I still can't run any .pvb applications. I get an error message saying that pvb.exe is required but not installed. I'm just a village idiot; maybe someone can shed some light here.

Oops, I was wrong.
 Top of the page
Andy
Andy Page Icon Posted 2005-10-08 3:25 PM
#
I know this may be wrong but there must be a pocket visual basic for wince2 I say this because several Pvd apps have been written for WINCE2 and indeed they stated that you will need pvb to run these apps. So the question is ARE authors WRONG or has it simply disappeared??

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 2:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

they develop for w/CE 2.11. this is also a CE2 version. maybe there is the possibility to hack into microsoft servers and steal the sources of pvb runtimes ;-)

marco
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 5:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ok, lets have a clear up here.

Pocket Visual Basic (PVB) files are just compiled runtime files for the Visual Basic Runtime and MFC library.
The MFC libraries for all H/PC devices can be download in HPC:Factor Developer - hpcfactor.com/developer/

To write software for Windows CE 2.00 devices, either in C++ or VB6, you need Visual Basic / Visual C++ 6.0, the Windows CE Toolkit for VB/VC 6.0.
There is no official free Visual Studio release for programming Windows CE 2.0, only 2.11. There is a hack to semi make the SDK for Windows CE 2.0 work with eVT3 - there is another thread on this in the developer section. The 2.0 SDK can be downloaded from HPC:Factor developer.

The hack is not supported, it is not fully integrated and it is not idea.

You cannot program Windows CE PVB's on Windows CE itself. If you wish to program on device you need to look at NSBasic or one or two other basic style languages.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-10-11 11:40 PM

Ok, lets have a clear up here.

Pocket Visual Basic (PVB) files are just compiled runtime files for the Visual Basic Runtime and MFC library.
The MFC libraries for all H/PC devices can be download in HPC:Factor Developer - hpcfactor.com/developer/

and where can the pvb or vb runtime or whatever be downloaded? to run programs. not to program on the device. or maybe we (at least i) misunderstood something

Edited by cmonex 2005-10-11 5:49 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 5:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dev section.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

for CE 2?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 6:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

er... yea

... and before you attack me with something sharp and pointy. I just checked my local copy of the download server, and the HPC2.0 RTL's are in it.

Just in case the zip is corrupted I will remake the zip file and reupload it - but it works for me ok. I've highlighted the versions on the dev page also.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 7:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-10-07 7:29 AM

download the VB redist again from hpcfactor, you will find pvb.exe for 2.0 etc in it for sure!!
(http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 7:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No luck. There does not appear to be a full set for either 2.0/SH3 or 2.11/SH3. I had to copy a combination of the two to my 680e (pvb.exe and pvbrt.dll 2.0 versions, everything else 2.11), and I still get an error message saying, "There are missing or unregistered files. Please run setup again to restore these files." Will the 2.0 pvb.exe file support 2.11 DLLs? If not, what can I do other than cry?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.202 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9