x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

LG Phenom H220C GPS Navigator

bautzen
bautzen Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 2:59 PM
#
Hi to all, I'm new here but I've read several tutorials and messages from this great site. Sorry for my bad English (I'm Italian) however I will try to explain my "problem".
Three years ago, I have bought (in eBay U.S.A.) an LG Phenom H220C in mint condition (really never used: was a backup machine) but with problems at the batteries. The seller tried to call LG-Support and they said that for a "limited time" they can replace the two batteries and I accepted. So the seller shipped the PDA to LG and they changed the battery for $75,00. My PDA works fine but I don't use it so much (I have another iPaq 3850!!). At home I have an old HI-303MMF GPS (I used it in my iPaq but now I have replaced it with a HI-303S) so I have decided to try to use this one with my old phenom. It works fine both in the PCMCIA Adapter and attached on serial COM1 with cable. My problem is to choice the right navigator software. I have just read something in this forum but I would like to know similar experience and eventually other solutions.

All people here just know this model but I write down some important information:

Model: H220C
CPU: SH3
RAM: 16MB
ROM: 16MB
OS: Windows CE, Hanheld PC Edition Ver. 3.0 (Core CE 2.11)
GPS: Haicom 303MMF

I have tried: Teletype GPS ver. 092001 with Italy maps (the maps are not enough detailed and to much old), OziExplorer and Garmap works but I don't like to digitalize every time a map and convert it for PDA. I prefer a software like TomTom or Navigon or Alturion or Mapsonic.

Some navigator software have the .CAB file for SH3 but they need PPC3 and not Windows CE 2.11, others have the version for Windows CE 2.11 but it doesn't support SH3 (only ARM CPU). I would like to know if exists a door-to-door software like tomtom or mapsonic for this PDA?

Eventually beta test software too.

Best regards
Thank u very much to all

Sinceraly

Patrick Bonello
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm afraid none of these newer GPS software will work. you should get a hpc2000 device to have any chance.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 11