x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Update on Celux(NEC) MC/300HC

iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 10:04 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

about one months ago, I post some news and comments on an obscure HPC NEC MC/300HC. It has an Intel PXA250 300Mhz CPU and HPC2K OS. such a configuration could make it a promsing HPC product.

Then, I pointed out there were two fatal issues with 300HC: screen breakdown and rom loss. These shortcomings significantly hinder 300HCs stability and discourage HPC buffs from choosing it.

i was also reluctant to recommend it to other HPC buffs. Because the fix for screen problem has now been found and confirmed to be quite effective in most situations, i change my suggestion from "Strongly unrecommended" to "Cautious Buy in" as the chances for another major issue of Rom Loss are much lower. 300HC is worth trying out for HPC aficionardos.

I write a FULL review on 300HC on rothberger.net. Please check it out.

http://www.rothberger.net/pages/reviews/zx_celux300hc_english.shtml

Besides, I also review NTT DoCoMo Sigmarion II and Sharp HC-AJ1.The later two reviews will be published on rothberger.net soon.

All these three reviews have entered the competition organised by rothberger.net. Please VOTE for me when the voting begins soon.

Sig 2 is a powerful HPC 2K machine with MIPS VR4131 200Mhz and separate MediaQ 200 video card. It easily outperforms many HPCs.

HC-Aj1 is a super light HPC Pro. for only 820 grams, you will get an 8.4-inch TFT screen, USB host, 56K modem, CFII and PC Card type II slot, infrared and serial synchronization port. It is really something.

These two models are surely worth recommendation and sharing my views with others.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ive already read your 300HC review and really liked it. if i see i don't have much chance to win with my reviews, i'll surely vote for the 300HC review except if i find another review that i like more sorry for that. btw i'm not sure it is a good idea to ask everyone to vote for your review. anyway it is obvious you'd really like that sigmarion, eh? but you can count me in as long as the above is true.

now just another question.. how can this 300HC thing be bought if someone lives outside china? too bad i can't get it, because it is really cool now that the screen issues have been solved...
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 3:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-08 2:11 AM

ive already read your 300HC review and really liked it. if i see i don't have much chance to win with my reviews, i'll surely vote for the 300HC review except if i find another review that i like more sorry for that. btw i'm not sure it is a good idea to ask everyone to vote for your review. anyway it is obvious you'd really like that sigmarion, eh? but you can count me in as long as the above is true.

now just another question.. how can this 300HC thing be bought if someone lives outside china? too bad i can't get it, because it is really cool now that the screen issues have been solved...

Yes, i originally planned to edit my previous post to something like "if you like my review, please consider voting for me."

But this forum has a rule that the author cannot edit his/her post 60 minutes after posting it. So i cannot edit and just leave it there.

Cmonex, thanks for your support, I have played with many HPCs, but not S3. wanna try it out.

Btw, all Chinese sellers do not sell internationally. in addition, the shipping cost from China to Europe is EXTREMELY HIGH. It may cost 100 Euros!! This may drive up the final cost.

Cmonex, you know those Power Handheld on the ebay recently? The seller told a Chinese buyer that he should pay 100 euros for shipping only.

So, there may not be a way to buy this cuite.

For me, the biggest selling point is :

1) direct USB host. much fun playing with USB devices.

2) ARM CPU. Much fun playing with Hacking PPC proggies.

3) Unique look??

Edited by iamjoe 2005-10-07 3:47 PM
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 3:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just now, i failed to edit my first post.

Now, I would like to say:

"If you are interested in my reviews, please consider voting for me. Thanks."

Btw, another two reviews on S2 and Sharp HC-AJ will soon be online too. If you are interested, please stay tune.

HC-AJ1 is almost my favorite HPC. I use it for most of the time.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey no problem i thought you meant it that way

S3 is very nice.. if you win it i can help with the setup or do you already know japanese from experience with the HC300 and sigmarion II?

ah, shipping price... this is outrageous
well i'm thinking if there's an alternative way to get one.
sigmarion II must be nice as well.. can't wait to read your review of it

HC-AJ1.. isn't it similar to Intermec 6651?
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-08 1:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-08 9:00 AM

hey no problem i thought you meant it that way

S3 is very nice.. if you win it i can help with the setup or do you already know japanese from experience with the HC300 and sigmarion II?

ah, shipping price... this is outrageous
well i'm thinking if there's an alternative way to get one.
sigmarion II must be nice as well.. can't wait to read your review of it

HC-AJ1.. isn't it similar to Intermec 6651?

Fly to china, you will get one. Some users are now selling it for US$85. 85% new.

Aj1 looks a light notebook. NO tablet mode. I like its portability.

Pics here.

http://www.mobilenews.ne.jp/news/1999/03/0201shrp.html
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-08 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol if i ever have a chance to visit china i'll try that route
85... wow.

Aj1: looks nice
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-10 5:06 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-08 11:22 PM

lol if i ever have a chance to visit china i'll try that route
85... wow.

Aj1: looks nice

Btw, in your review you said you may write a few reviews on several HPCs. Now, there is only one Review submitted??

want 2 read your other great reviews

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-10 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

there will be another soon, about the MP900/900C (and OS comparison) i think it is just not translated to german yet
looks like your two other reviews aren't translated either... i'm looking forward to them
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 26