x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hitachi microdrive on jornada 7xx

xavier
xavier Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 12:14 PM
#
Hi,

Recently I have acquired a 4gb hitachi microdrive for my jornada 710, and still looking for a cf Type II pcmcia adapter. My question is, will the microdrive and the pcmcia adapter fix into the jornada pcmcia socket?

Also I would like to know where I can find a jornada external keyboard.
Thanks

Xavier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, if you manage to find a pcmcia-cf II adapter (they do exist.. they're not so rare and not expensive, just continue searching).
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-10-07 2:17 PM

yes, if you manage to find a pcmcia-cf II adapter (they do exist.. they're not so rare and not expensive, just continue searching).

Worst case, you simply break down and get the Hitachi Microdrive PCMCIA adapter, which is just a CF+ (Type II) to PCMCIA adapter with the Hitachi Microdrive logo on it. Most places that sell Microdrives sell the Hitachi Microdrive-branded PCMCIA adapter as well. I paid $20 for mine at a chain computer store, but could have probably got it for less if I went surfing for one. I was just impatient. Stuck it in the PCMCIA slot on my MP780 and just left it there. Who needs PCMCIA when you have all CF stuff anyway? (Yes, I have a CF WiFi card as well as a CF NE2000-compatible Ethernet card. Very useful if you only have access to Piddle PC's, although Piddles are more and more even lacking CF slots. )
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-08 12:14 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You could also unscrew the cf card cover under the Jornada, and hold the card down by tape, or some other means (designing a new cover). When you have this figured out, you can install linux and compile pine for me.
 Top of the page
xavier
xavier Page Icon Posted 2005-10-10 7:45 PM
#
thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Xavier
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9