x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 disconnects from PC using ActiveSync

burpy
burpy Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 3:48 AM
#
I can connect to my home PC (Win ME) via serial cable using ActiveSync 3.7.1 but the connection is not maintained. Within a second or two of connection, the link is broken. This started after connecting to my work PC (Win 2000) via USB from the cradle, as a second Partnership. The work setup has not been working well as the PC wants a hardware re-install occasionally, which means contacting the Network Administrator etc. etc. I have started having the same disconnection problems at work also now. I have re-installed ActiveSync on my home PC , hard re-setted the J720 but still the same. I rely on this little machine and really want it back in action! Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 7:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do you have any firewall software running on the PC?
Please upgrade (if you can) both of the PC's to ActiveSync 3.8, which offers a couple of USB issue fixes.

Are you using the same cradle/cable for the sync's at both ends - irrespective I recommend that you try swapping out the USB cable as part of your troubleshooting.

One final thought for now. Please turn your device over, and using something non-corrosive, fine and soft give the cradle contacts on the bottom the the H/PC a clean. Please remember that any excess liquid will leech onto the motherboard, so damp is certainly the word here, alcohol and not water & nothing that will evaporate leaving a chemical film.
 Top of the page
burpy
burpy Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 3:17 PM
#
Thanks for the advice. ActiveSync 3.8 did the trick at home. I will try it on my work computer tomorrow.

Regards
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8