x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 won't accept pc cards

P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2005-10-10 10:15 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

First of all I purchased a 680e several months ago and found this terrific resource called HPCFACTOR.COM Ihave been trolling site and found what I needed to get 680e humming,enough of that I just got J720 with a aironet 340 pc card I'm under the assumption that the drivers for this card are on the Rom.I get Unidentified PC Card Adaptor under the fill in screen says Own Card in socket 1. I downloaded a reg editor and found ndls.dll put it in asked to pull card out and reinsert goes right back to Own card in socket 1.I put same card in 680e I get unidentified pc card adapter under fill in screen says Network card in socket 1 I cannot find the drivers for the 680e but if I did Im sure it would work. Ive downloaded the agere drivers for a orinoco gold card that works fine in the 680e but the same thing on thej720 Unidentified pc card adaptor own card in socket 1 Im hoping this is not a problem with the card slot but a software issue. I also have a linksysNP10T card that works fine in the 680e using the NE2000 drivers on the Rom, the same thing happens on the j720 the drivers are on that rom as well. Tried hard reset same thing Own card in socket 1. Plate of spagetti thrown against the the wall j720 against the wall help me make an informed decision
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-10 11:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I believe the 720's rom aironet driver is for a 350, not 340. Besides, they're heavily out of date anyway - and the driver ver has to match the firmware ver on these. I suggest you head to cisco.com and get downloading.

WifI is not a good test subject for checking your PCMCIA slot is working, a modem is however.

You also have ot ensure you're using hpc2000 drivers, not hpc pro ones.
 Top of the page
P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2005-10-10 1:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

First thanks for your reply, Idont know why im stuck on own card in socket 1 on j720 where as its network card in socket 1 on 680e seems as I either got a brain cramp or someone could tell me if its the same on there j720.Ill stick with the orinoco gold and pass for now on the cisco card. I hard reset machine again and downloaded the drivers for hpc2000 to make sure I didnt make an error on download.I wrote in WLAGS461.dll and still nothing tryed second driver from download WLAGS46b1.dll nothing. this card is a Avaya World Card 11mps Gold seems to me I read somewhere in the forums about proxim drivers working on some cards . numbers on card is s/n 02UT41428225 Lucent # PC24E-H-FC not ready to give up yet
 Top of the page
P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2005-10-17 9:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm at breaking point with this j720 and wifi cards. Ifound a aironet 350 card loaded drivers all hard reset every time cause a reg edit for me is a dangerous thing rookie for sure,I used it for getting the write driver names tried versions up until it requers a firmware version above 5.09.-- it has got firmware version 4.25.30 on it I can read it from the j680e nothing .I found a pc card adapter for compact flash type 1 put that in j680e shows up as storage card 2 but the j720 ask for drivers same story unidentified pc card own card in socket 1. I'd look around for a modem card but everything I have tryed aironet 340,350 ,Orinocco gold lucent with hpc's drivers Agere,Avaya drivers from there site,ne2000 drivers for a linksys pc card nt10p any help Im willing to try just about anything exept throw against the wall with the spagetti.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-17 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you said the linksysNP10T works on the 680 and it wont work on the 720... at least it asks for the driver name.. did you ever type ne2000 as the driver name?
maybe it is really a hardware issue...
 Top of the page
P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2005-10-17 10:59 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

That was the first card I came across when I got 680 it was on the hpc list and used the ne2000 drivers. So i thought that sould be a sure thing on the J720 using drivers on rom ne2000 but no go.Any suggestions on troubleshooting the card slot or a repair shop or a wall anchor with pasta on it.Back to the white sox
 Top of the page
controlman
controlman Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:31 PM
#
I have almost the exact same issue with the 720 that i just bought. Have 680 that the Lucent Technologies Wavelan Silver Turbo 11Mb
Serial#00UT01453100
Mdel#PC24E-H-FC
works on perfectly. Tried every driver & firmware upgrade and downgrade that could be found on the internet. When i first installed the driver wlce3074 it did not work. Did my homework, tried firmware upgrade from Agere, worked great until i turned it off then same thing "Unknown Card in Socket1".More homework, netstumbler forum archive said to use drivers and firware from Summer 2001. Found those loaded them, It work perfectly until it was time for the real test. Turned it off and get the same message yet again. Tried adding Keys to registy and everything. At wits end about whether this is a hardware or driver issue. It does recognize that there is a card everytime it just doesnt make the association. Think i read somewhere that u have to have a serial# 99UTxxxxxxxx or > for CE3. PLEASE HELP!!!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if the card works fine after entering the driver name, then maybe just the driver isnt perfect. on my MC16, the ne2000 driver bugged me like this. but it worked

if it's not that ... anyone any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

P.E.I. - 2005-10-18 4:59 AM

That was the first card I came across when I got 680 it was on the hpc list and used the ne2000 drivers. So i thought that sould be a sure thing on the J720 using drivers on rom ne2000 but no go.Any suggestions on troubleshooting the card slot or a repair shop or a wall anchor with pasta on it.Back to the white sox

ideas.
checking card slot: put a CF in it with a pcmcia-cf adapter (they're cheap)
repair shop: usedhandhelds.com

hope it will work out for you!!
 Top of the page
controlman
controlman Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:41 PM
#
no, if i put in the driver name WLLUC46.DLL for Orinoco driver or WLAGS46.DLL for Agere when it asks, it just makes a new key in the registy but will not associate because it is not one of the associated devices
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah. well. so it does not work at all?

only thing that comes into mind, is that not all orinoco cards are reliable with the CE drivers. there were several versions, several brands... and several drivers
this whole wifi thing is really complicated. so many manufacturers and brands and chipsets. not consistent at all. http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.802.11b.html clears up a lot though...

or your slot is problematic.. try to test it...
 Top of the page
controlman
controlman Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:50 PM
#
Thanx for the advice, will try cf w/pcmcia adapter and post back, has anyone else heard of the serial# issue or was that just a bad dream?
 Top of the page
P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 8:41 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Just got J72O back from usedhandheld.com a great outfit card slot was missing pins, it works with all three cards I tried earlier. In my case a definate HARDWARE issue.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9