x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SD cards via adapter?

Polbit Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 2:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can I use a SD to CF II adapter on a Jornada 7xx to be able to read SD cards? If not, how about a SD to PCMCIA?

Thanks,

Polbit
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 4:40 AM
#
I've tried using SD with PCMCIA Adapter and yes it works. I think it should work also with CF adapter ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 7:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Polbit - 2005-10-11 8:28 AM

Can I use a SD to CF II adapter on a Jornada 7xx to be able to read SD cards? If not, how about a SD to PCMCIA?

more like pcmcia... you can't close the CF slot if you put a CF-SD adapter in it...
 Top of the page
BruceHungerford
BruceHungerford Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 10:11 PM
#
I cannot comment directly on the use of SD->CF adapters in Jornada's since I don't have access to a Jornada, but I can talk about what I have done with my MobilePro's.

I have put a miniSD card into a mSD->SD adapter, that into a SD->CF adapter, that into a CF->PC adapter, and the whole assemblage into the PCcard slot and had no problems.

I would also note that my PNY SD->CF adapter (with the SD card in) is the same size as a standard CF I card, so I would think it would work in a Jornada. (Note: I was not able to find a current source for the PNY adapter -- Amazon is out of stock -- but it looks like this would work [http://cgi.ebay.com/CF-Compact-Flash-Adapter-4-SD-MMC-Digital-Memory-Card-D_W0QQitemZ6795504295QQcategoryZ42191QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]).

Hope this helps.

Bruce
MP890 Evangelist
 Top of the page
BruceHungerford
BruceHungerford Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 12:05 AM
#
While a bit pricey, this should also work (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=MISDCF1&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=300777).

Hope this helps.

Bruce
MP890 Evangelist
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 4:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

BruceHungerford - 2005-10-11 7:11 PM

I have put a miniSD card into a mSD->SD adapter, that into a SD->CF adapter, that into a CF->PC adapter, and the whole assemblage into the PCcard slot and had no problems.

LOL

All right, now that's gotta be a record for a string of adapters for any mobile device.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-10-12 4:30 AM
 Top of the page
Polbit Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 10:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks to everybody, I actually found a 4-in-1 thingy, has Memory Stick, SD, miniSD and Compact Flash into a PCMCIA.

That should do it for now... Isn't it crazy though how many freakin' flash card standards do we have?? Unbelievable....

Polbit
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9