x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problems and more problems with Sig3 hard reset

tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-13 3:51 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

For a while now, I found that my Sig3 was laboring a little more than usual. Then again I had quite a fair bit of bytes sitting in there. I have been meaning to do a hard reset but had kind of procrasinated on two counts: 1) was really busy with exams and all 2) was having second thoughts about meddling with a perfectly working S3. Anyhow today I did it as my zeroconfig doesnt seem to be working properly! Here are the problems that I encountered.

1) To no surprise, even though I followed the instructions to turn the Japanese S3 into an English one, it doesnt seem to convert! I used the basic setup file by Rabbit. It actually turn some of the icons into German and English which was fine. However the IE and all of the dialog boxes and instructions are still in Japanese. Has anyone used that particular file?

2) Although my S3 connects to the PC via activesync, but the mobile device folder refused to open. WHY?

3) I decided on another hard reset using the English files and S3 update pack, since my activesync wasnt working, I copied all the files to my CF card and then tried to copy from the CF to the Windows directory. A dialog box popped up. I guess it refused to let me overwrite the Japanese files with the English ones.

4) I used to be able to tap on a cab file even if its not for CE4.1 it would still install automatically. Ever since the hard reset I cant do that anymore...

5) Cmonex, I was able to key the WEP using hexadecimal after the hard reset

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by tech_girl 2005-10-13 3:53 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-13 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hello

1) i didn't try the rabbit version (too lazy no time and anyway sig3 is perfect and dont want to screw it up if not necessary.. maybe when i need to do a hardreset.. no idea when that time will come )
i always use this: s3.rar in the yahoo handheldpcs group. (if you look into the rar you'll see this folder: "combined english files for the S3 v 2.0a")
this has an instructions.txt and it is very good! however, you don't have to follow everything in it, for example i didn't need soundwidget.exe etc...

2) i don't know, i use totalcommander (PC version ) on my PC to go into the sigmarion via AS. this has no problems especially if you rename SD and CF folders from their japanese names. (S3.rar has the instructions for this). maybe AS doesn't like the japanese names.

3) i don't know why it would have refused to overwrite the files. use the S3.rar, i never had problems with this one.

4) yeah you need to install wceloadext (it is in the yahoo group). either that, or hexediting every cab...

5) that's great news!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.139 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9