x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Perhaps a dumb idea but i liked them....Cybiko's

1 2
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-10-13 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There was this pda type device called a Cybiko & Cybiko Xtreme, ran on a very minimul system, but had some decent aspects to it....I was wondering if anyone would be intrested in in creating an emulator for the hpc to run the programs? there are many sources for what would be needed im sure...i just have no skill of this type...Steve
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-16 2:41 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I used to have one of the cybiko classic devices, but I'm not sure where it is anymore.

There was/is an effort to revitalize the cybiko classic, but not sure what state it is in. uCos/II has been ported (somewhat?) to the cybiko already.

CyBorn forum
uCos/II on the Cybiko
 Top of the page
HybridTension Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 7:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Probably wouldn't be TOO bad to emulate it, especially on something like a Hitachi SH3 or SH4 device, seeing as (I thinkies) the Cybiko Classic used a Hitachi H08 at 11Mhz.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 10:58 PM
#
I had a Cybiko extreme before it died. We used them in high-school (yes, very nerdy but we did) to chat across the school. We didn't have wifi, and the Cybiko had a sweet shooter game that was multiplayer. We had a blast with them. The issue with emulating it would be the RF transmission. I really want to see WiFi get as cool as the RF in the Cybiko was.

If anyone knows how to fix a dead Cybiko battery, let me know. I'm pretty sure that's what's wrong with it...
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The Cybiko Xtreme was the real winner... Motorola 68k running at 12 or 16 MHz.... I wished I could have ported my Math OS from the Ti-89 to it.... It has everything to beat my TI-89 but Flash memory!

Abyss- I can fix it. I put in a AA battery pack and a good sized cap from a Hot-Wheels car.... The AA's last forever and the cap is for battery replacement. MANY, MANY of the Xtremes has bat battery charging circuits, they jsut heated up and died. It may have also been the batteries, as some of them could be fixed with a new set. I can make you a pic of dis-asm is you'd like.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 11:29 PM
#
That'd be great! Not sure if anyone around here still uses them, but it might be a good project to learn some electrical skills. Sometimes it just shuts off as well, not really sure why. I will try to dig it up sometime this week.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 11:40 PM
#
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-05-10 11:17 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I now run mine of of a AA pack, but I havent bothered to link it up USB. USB may try to charge my alkalines! But anyhew, it works nice. 4 AA's, 2s2p.
 Top of the page
im lost
im lost Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:03 PM
#
hello i had a question on how to charge the cybiko. I was looking through my stuff and found it. It has been a long time since i used it. Can anyone help??
 Top of the page
im lost
im lost Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:03 PM
#
hello i had a question on how to charge the cybiko. I was looking through my stuff and found it. It has been a long time since i used it. Can anyone help??
 Top of the page
Athlor
Athlor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 7:26 AM
#
I remember reading that the Cybiko Classic should be turned ON when charging. Another tidbit regarding the Extreme is that it's possible for it's charge to dip below a level that it can be charged normally. In that case you have to rig up alligator clips to the power and connect them to the battery directly. It has to do with using part of the circuit board for regulating power but if there absolutely no power... it's a conumdrum. Believe me, I've tryed it and it does work.
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 9:35 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I have a Cybiko Xtreme with the ever-so rare mp3 player expansion pack which takes SD cards and allows you to expand the memory to your heart's content for programs.

At the moment it serves as a great eBook reader, particularly using the Run Reader program where the words flash in sequence. That would be worth porting to the H/PC.

The games are okay, but even though I have hundreds of them installed, they are fairly repetitive, CyLandia being one of the few gems.

And there is, unfortunately no backlight.

But, hey, it can be used as a walkie talkie!

What more could you want for a tenner?
 Top of the page
Athlor
Athlor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 7:56 AM
#
That's all I paid for mine as well. Come to think of it, I could say that for each of my heldhelds. Like the Palm III, Blackberry 957 and Compaq c120.
 Top of the page
Killa
Killa Page Icon Posted 2006-08-08 4:47 PM
#
I was just wondering if the gator clip thing might fix my cyniki? I plug it in and the red light comes on like it is charging, but then I can't get it to turn on. That might not be the problem, but let me know what you think anyway. Thanx........also, where can I download some cybiko extreme games? I can't find any!!!!!!
 Top of the page
Athlor2
Athlor2 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-04 8:05 AM
#
These are the main 2 forums that have some files or can point you to places that do have files:

http://planetcybiko.net/forums/index.php
http://thinkable.us/phpbb2/
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12