x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pxa overclocker source here, needs someone to compile

1 2 3
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 1:57 AM
#
I have found the basic source for a pxa250 overclocker. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to compile this for ce.net 4.1 and my beloved bsquare phh? I am no software guy, I can hardly get eVc++ and the SDK's to work right Thanks!!

Brandon

http://elevatedstudios.com/pocket/source.htm
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 4:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

didn't you see my reply in the other thread?

i can send you the sigmarion / xscale OC utility ... should work. but do a backup beforehand! so... just give me an email address where to send it.
 Top of the page
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 12:12 PM
#
Its called xclkcfg? Yea I tried it, and crashed, couldn't even do a hard reset, had to take apart the unit and pull the battery.... But thanks!

Brandon

(the sig has a pxa255 and the bsquare has a pxa250)

Edited by blaznc 2005-10-14 12:15 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ooh. that's serious
yes i meant that one... so i won't try it... hehehh
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 1:56 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I was about to try it on the S3. Phew!

Hey Cmonex, you passed me two overclocking utilities with quite similar file names. One of it must be the one that blaznc used. Have you ever tried with the other utility?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tech_girl - 2005-10-14 7:56 PM

I was about to try it on the S3. Phew!

Hey Cmonex, you passed me two overclocking utilities with quite similar file names. One of it must be the one that blaznc used. Have you ever tried with the other utility?

don't worry you can use it on sig3. it is for sig3. only bsquare has problems apparently. i didn't try any of them though on any of the devices. not even on the 900C, someone talked me out of it
 Top of the page
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 10:37 PM
#
Hey I will try the other program!!! I am desparate

blaznc@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 4:11 AM
#
Ok, nobody did it so I finally figured it out, compiled from some source I found, and after 2 hrs testing......I figured you the bsquare is unstable at ANYTHING above 400mhz! If you want to try it with yours, I have the prog, at least it is good for underclocking as it can go 100, 133, 166, 200 etc. Email me if you want it.
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 5:23 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hmmm...after your (Blaznc) experience, think I had better not try to mess with the S3. But Cmonex, what was the reason that you decided against overclocking your S3 and 900C?

Edited by tech_girl 2005-10-15 5:24 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 8:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Blaznc, this is great, can you send it to me? contactchan (at) freemail.hu

thanks

techgirl, im just too paranoid
 Top of the page
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 12:24 PM
#
cmonex email sent, use the second one I sent you, the first one will not run.

After some more testing...IT IS STABLE!! at 472mhz. It was the program running in the backround that was making it unstable. After you make the change to 472 just exit the program and you will be at 472mhz and no crashing! Watching movies on betaplayer works much better now!
 Top of the page
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 12:44 PM
#
Ok I figured it all out...it is not the program itself or the speed that makes it unstable at 472mhz (530mhz crashes almost instantly) Bsquare has put in some of its own power management registers that halt the CPU when it senses "inactivity" ie watching a movie. If the xclkcfg is running and there is inactivity and the CPU is halted, the device locks up. If you set it to 472mhz then exit the program after inactivity, the CPU is halted and then reset to 400mhz. I changed the reg settings so this does not occur and the program can be run in the backround. If anybody wants them, I will post screenshots of the reg settings for you, just reply and let me know.
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 12:54 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm interested
 Top of the page
blaznc
blaznc Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 1:07 PM
#
Ok will do it when I get back from work.

Hey if your unit can run stable at 530mhz I would be willing to trade you +$$$
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 3:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

blaznc - 2005-10-15 6:44 PM

Ok I figured it all out...it is not the program itself or the speed that makes it unstable at 472mhz (530mhz crashes almost instantly) Bsquare has put in some of its own power management registers that halt the CPU when it senses "inactivity" ie watching a movie. If the xclkcfg is running and there is inactivity and the CPU is halted, the device locks up. If you set it to 472mhz then exit the program after inactivity, the CPU is halted and then reset to 400mhz. I changed the reg settings so this does not occur and the program can be run in the backround. If anybody wants them, I will post screenshots of the reg settings for you, just reply and let me know.

i'm interested in the reg settings! please use Tascal regeditor and export that part of the registry if you can. but screenshots will do if you don't like Tascal (TRE) or something...
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 30