x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1 Discussion Zone

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-20 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-10-20 3:23 AM

It will only ship in US . And I have been waiting about two weeks for my Velo 1, but when it comes you will see my signature say Velo 1 instead of saying 'soon a velo 1'

Joseph

EDIT: I do not know what the cable is...

eheh i can imagine your impatience two weeks is way too much to wait for a great hpc...

it will ship to other places but i forgot to contact the seller about the EU.. probably it is too late now
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 7:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex,

Do you have the manual for your Velo? If no, I can scan the manual and make it a PDF...

Joseph
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-10-22 1:45 AM

cmonex,

Do you have the manual for your Velo? If no, I can scan the manual and make it a PDF...

Joseph

no i don't have it... i could find only the velo 500 manual i would be very grateful but only if you have the time etc...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 9:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex,

The link to the Velo 1 accesories has the manual avaliable for purchase. I have not purchased the manual yet either, but I am willing to pay 9.99 USD for it.

Joseph
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ooh. lucky you, i can't really buy it (shipping costs is just one factor..)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 10:28 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I understand, I guess making PDF would be a big help for you. (Well, not really, because, you are very very smart and experienced with H/PCs)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 11:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-10-22 4:28 AM

I understand, I guess making PDF would be a big help for you. (Well, not really, because, you are very very smart and experienced with H/PCs)

nah i'm not so smart.. want to know my first experience with the velo 1?

when i got my velo 1 i was sooo excited then i accidentally touched the contrast dial at the right side of the display before turning on the unit for the first time. as a result the screen became so dark it was virtually unreadable after powering it up. i could only (hardly) read it at an uncomfortable angle from below.. i got to control panel this way and tried to adjust the contrast because i suspected it was the culprit. but control panel would only tell me i needed to adjust it with some sort of contrast dial. i thought it was another button which was actually for the backlight... now that of course didn't help then i was trying all kinds of soft and hard resets etc for at least one full hour before writing an email to the seller asking what the hell was wrong with the unit he immediately helped me in my misery LOL
the manual would have been a precious help at that time!!
wasn't a nice first experience with CE 1, trying and peeking to see it from an impossible angle...

the point is that the velo 1 has a hardware based contrast control .... no hard reset will change it. don't forget that when you got your unit

huh i should copy this whole story to that thread about experiences with hpc's or whatever...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-22 12:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-10-21 9:37 PM

when i got my velo 1 i was sooo excited then i accidentally touched the contrast dial at the right side of the display before turning on the unit for the first time. as a result the screen became so dark it was virtually unreadable after powering it up. i could only (hardly) read it at an uncomfortable angle from below.. i got to control panel this way and tried to adjust the contrast because i suspected it was the culprit. but control panel would only tell me i needed to adjust it with some sort of contrast dial. i thought it was another button which was actually for the backlight... now that of course didn't help then i was trying all kinds of soft and hard resets etc for at least one full hour before writing an email to the seller asking what the hell was wrong with the unit he immediately helped me in my misery LOL
wasn't a nice first experience with CE 1, trying and peeking to see it from an impossible angle...

the point is that the velo 1 has a hardware based contrast control .... no hard reset will change it. don't forget that when you got your unit

huh i should copy this whole story to that thread about experiences with hpc's or whatever...

LOL!

and it would be the right thing to put it in Experiences with H/PCs... Here is link to post message:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-post.asp?action=reply&replyto=22006

Joseph
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-22 8:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-10-22 4:37 AM

Oh to have been a fly upon that wall
Nice story
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-23 1:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I found SYMANTEC ACT FOR WINDOWS CE 1.0 on CD for Handheld PC, on eBay. Here is link: http://cgi.ebay.com/SYMANTEC-ACT-FOR-WINDOWS-CE-1-0-on-CD-for-Handheld-PC_W0QQitemZ5821893603QQcategoryZ80347QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 6:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-10-28 3:22 PM

tenjeangosi - 2005-10-28 10:57 PM

The IBM Workpad z50 accepts AA batteries. On a lighter note, the cat appears to be a Maine Coon, right?

hey to continue OT, what happened to your Velo? i dont see it in your signature.
to be back on topic... the velo accepts AA batteries and is a very nice hpc!

Well, I bought the Velo on October 2nd, and it still has not came yet... Had not recieved word from seller, so I assumed he/she did not send it... And now, finally they sent it, and I am still not sure if it will come ... So, I put a maybe in my signature, and BTW, where is your Velo 1 in your signature?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well you should give them a negative feedback.... if they send it in the end and you do receive it you should give a neutral one! not positive definitely.

um my signature doesnt have the space to list all my hpc's there when i created it (just the text, not the graphics ), i had only those that are listed there
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 6:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-10-28 4:08 PM

well you should give them a negative feedback.... if they send it in the end and you do receive it you should give a neutral one! not positive definitely.

um my signature doesnt have the space to list all my hpc's there when i created it (just the text, not the graphics ), i had only those that are listed there

cmonex,

Your signature, do you have to be a moderator to have an image in your signature? If not, how could I make one?

Joseph
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

only mods and admins are allowed to have such signatures
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 11:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, cool... I have no idea when my Velo 1 is going to come. I found an H/PC Explorer disc on eBay, I found a manual for the Velo on used handhelds (which I will make you a PDF of...
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 56 - Executed queries : 25