x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1 Discussion Zone

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

My Velo came with a NiMh battery pack, however, I just put it away and installed AA batteries
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:04 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-08 3:12 AM

Dunno if you "new" Velo folks have a working NiMh battery pack, but mine came with two, both homemade, neither particularly good (the two batteries are untabbed and joine by tape, good grief).

So I ordered two tabbed 2200 AA batteries and bought the 10k_1/4watt resistor from Radio Shack, and I'll build my own.

If it works, I'll post, but I found lots of do-it-yourself Velo pack advice on the web. At one time, the Velo had quite a following. Jason Dunn's site is still the overlord, and thank goodness he hasn't taken it down. I learned a LOT from him.

is the jason dunn site still online? it was a few months ago but no longer is. has he put it back online then? a few weeks ago it wasn't available, so i used google cache and archive.org... (but i saw it earlier too when it was still online)

i never got a nimh battery pack with it, i'm using plain ni-mh's in my velo 1, and charge them externally.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-08 3:12 AM

Dunno if you "new" Velo folks have a working NiMh battery pack, but mine came with two, both homemade, neither particularly good (the two batteries are untabbed and joine by tape, good grief).

So I ordered two tabbed 2200 AA batteries and bought the 10k_1/4watt resistor from Radio Shack, and I'll build my own.

If it works, I'll post, but I found lots of do-it-yourself Velo pack advice on the web. At one time, the Velo had quite a following. Jason Dunn's site is still the overlord, and thank goodness he hasn't taken it down. I learned a LOT from him.

Jake

can't remember if i already posted an answer to this.. (got up too early.. for nothing ) so..

is the jason dunn site still online? it was a few months ago but no longer is. has he put it back online then? a few weeks ago it wasn't available, so i used google cache and archive.org... (but i saw it earlier too when it was still online)

i never got a nimh battery pack with it, i'm using plain ni-mh's in my velo 1, and charge them externally.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

looks like it didn't get registered, my post.. probably i posted it twice then..
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 2:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Jake - 2005-12-10 11:24 AM

Typing's a chore, though, don't you think?

Yes... Worse than my 2010c, I might add...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
cmonex--sorry, didn't see your J Dunn post. Here's the link:

http://www.jasondunn.com/archive/velo/whatsnew.htm

Is the typing substantially easier on the Ericson MC12? Or is it all pretty relative once you get away from the Jornada keyboard?

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-10 9:12 PM

cmonex--sorry, didn't see your J Dunn post. Here's the link:

http://www.jasondunn.com/archive/velo/whatsnew.htm

Is the typing substantially easier on the Ericson MC12? Or is it all pretty relative once you get away from the Jornada keyboard?

thanks for the link. so they're back online. cool.

MC12? a little better than on the velo 1, but the sharp 4100 is a wonder in this respect. i never thought i could easily type on a thing that doesn't have a notebook style keyboard (like psions or jornadas), but i can on this thing!!
of course this may be a personal preference... but the keys are really sensitive, still not oversensitive, they're easy to press and comfortable to type on.
it (sharp hc-4100) runs CE 2.0, has a BW screen and uses plain AA's.

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-10 4:00 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 9:44 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for the comparison.

Hey, did you ever get EzOBEX to run on your CE 2.0 MIPS device?

http://masataka.mailbbs.com/ez/en/

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry i forgot to try it
i will tomorrow (too tired right now, going to bed)!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 10:52 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I do not have a CE 2 MIPS device anymore to try it on...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

While we wait with bated breath for cmonex's EZOBEX results, I have a Velo typing tip (I think):

I found that typing on the Velo was very slow, that the machine didn't register all the keystrokes, so words were constantly incomplete.

I've alleviated a lot of this hassle by a) only using the standard fonts of New Times Roman and Tahoma (I had installed Arial in Windows\Fonts and that was a problem) b) switching to 4-gray scale, down from 16

The machine now has an easier time with input, but this may be because I'm running the 2.0 upgrade on only 8 megs.

And I don't know if the machine is slow to respond when running CE 1.0

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-14 7:55 PM

While we wait with bated breath for cmonex's EZOBEX results, I have a Velo typing tip (I think):

I found that typing on the Velo was very slow, that the machine didn't register all the keystrokes, so words were constantly incomplete.

I've alleviated a lot of this hassle by a) only using the standard fonts of New Times Roman and Tahoma (I had installed Arial in Windows\Fonts and that was a problem) b) switching to 4-gray scale, down from 16

The machine now has an easier time with input, but this may be because I'm running the 2.0 upgrade on only 8 megs.

And I don't know if the machine is slow to respond when running CE 1.0

ah i promise i'll have time for that soon

velo typing tip... well i don't have this slow typing problem on CE 1, just the keys themselves aren't that comfortable.
generally the machine is much faster in responding than the casio A-10 or the MC16.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 4:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, typing on my Velo 1 is hard, however it does not have anything to do with the software, it is just the fact that the keys are not that good for touch-typing...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-12-14 10:17 PM

Well, typing on my Velo 1 is hard, however it does not have anything to do with the software, it is just the fact that the keys are not that good for touch-typing...

as i said, get a sharp hc-4100 hopefully you'd like it as much as i do...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 5:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

How is typing on the 360 LX?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 56 - Executed queries : 26