x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1 Discussion Zone

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 5:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-12-17 8:12 AM

I find my Velo fast for the things I use for it... [word processing, etc...].
HPC Explorer is a pain, however seems to connect faster than my 2010c ever did with ActiveSync...

why is hpc explorer a pain? i have never had connection problems with it ... not that i'd ever try to sync PIM (except for beta testing purposes). and of course its slow, at 19200 bps...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 5:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-17 4:46 AM

>> handling things on a CE1 velo is just much faster than on the CE2 mc16 <<

Amazing, who'da thunk? I wonder what the comparison is between a CE2 Velo and the CE2 mc16?

I can't go down to CE1 with my own Velo, since I use AS 3.8 and don't want to enter the abyss of trying to run HPC Explorer and AS on the same XP machine.

But as I said before, for typing, the CE2 Velo is much more responsive when you go to 4-scale gray and use Tahoma or New Times Roman only.

yeah and i'd like to compare CE 1 velo with a CE 1 MC16... but my mc16 won't boot with the the ce 1 rom (for the mc12).

well it's not so bad, having h/pc explorer and AS 3.8 on the same XP pc.. hehehe.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 7:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jake, I've mde considerable progress on the AS/HPC Explorer issues, see the thread here in the CE1 section about co-running them, drop me a PM.

Tenjeangosi, I do have your email address (though I only got it once... not this missing first PM).
The install is overly complicated at the moment, I want to try and clean it up a little more to make it easier for you to use. Give me a we while on that and I shall send it along.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

geez, my two messages are still missing.

C:Amie do something about long thread indexes pleaseeee
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 8:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-12-16 4:33 PM

the godzilla thing

It is very funny
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 8:40 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-12-16 4:33 PM

the godzilla thing

It is very funny
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
BACKUP BATTERY PROBLEMS?

Is any other Velo user finding that their backup battery lasts only a week?

I just got another "low" battery warning today, and had already replaced the said battery last week.

Granted, I never use the charger, and I use NiMH rechargeables only. I do change the main batteries immediately when I get the "very low" reading, but maybe that drains the backup anyway. Or maybe with NiHM batteries, when they fall to "very low," they quit completely, putting undue strain on the CR2032's.

Dunno,
Jake

P.S. Tenjeangosi: I got your last PM today, but haven't gotten any others. My posts, too, occasionally, take a while to show up. We seem to be too active on this board

Edit: FOLKS, I apologize for the quintuple posting. Every time I tried to send the post, the browser said the site couldn't be reache. I had no idea that the posts were being saved somewhere. Sorry, sorry

Edited by Jake 2005-12-18 12:04 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 4:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I tried the godzilla thing and it works and also is very funny and can be used to scare someone
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
BACKUP BATTERY PROBLEMS?

Is any other Velo user finding that their backup battery lasts only a week?

I just got another "low" battery warning today, and had already replaced the said battery last week.

Granted, I never use the charger, and I use NiMH rechargeables only. I do change the main batteries immediately when I get the "very low" reading, but maybe that drains the backup anyway. Or maybe with NiHM batteries, when they fall to "very low," they quit completely, putting undue strain on the CR2032's.

Dunno,
Jake

P.S. Tenjeangosi: I got your last PM today, but haven't gotten any others. My posts, too, occasionally, take a while to show up. We seem to be too active on this board
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

On my Velo 1, the coating on the case has been peeling off... So, I have an idea on peeling off the rest of the coating and then somehow painting with model paint over the plastic surface... When I finally do it, I will post in this thread...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

On my Velo 1, the coating on the case has been peeling off... So, I have an idea on peeling off the rest of the coating and then somehow painting with model paint over the plastic surface... When I finally do it, I will post in this thread...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 2:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
inspector3500 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

New here, my Velo 1 uses Win CE 1.0, it has 12mb memory.

I can not get it to sync with my desktop which is running XP. Any ideals??

Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9