x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE: WORKING USB Mass Storage Driver for ARM HPC2K and Possibly MP890

1 2 3
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 9:30 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hpcpro - 2005-10-18 7:05 PM

HP7XX user have for a long time ago massive storage too.
This theme is very old.

And we have too a Clik drive for HPC2000(MIPS and ARM):
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/peripherals/otherstorage.htm

A portable HD connected to a HP7XX:
http://www.todopocketpc.com/foro/showthread.php?t=17057&highlight=externo+disco

HPCPro, u miss my point.

In fact, my theme is quite different from your theme. I mean USB Mass Storage Driver, not hooking up CLUMSY PC Card addapter and getting access to KINDA CLUMSY external hdd.

In fact, my main point is implementing USB Mass Storage capacities on Celux 300 and MP900, namely ARM HPC2K machines. It seems to me that the USB host on the pricy HPC2K NEC 900 are simply sitting idle or just being used to CONNECT to USB mice or keyboards. Is this what we should ask for with this NEC expensive CUTIE?

I do know the existence of MP900. But in China, there is extremely little concern or discussion about it. I am not quite sure that whether the Deje PPC2002 Driver can work on MP900. So i quote from Cmonex's review and ask other MP900 pals this question.

For me, HP720 is a great machine. But using these clumsy PC Card clik drives or external hdds on 720 is surely not a good idea. Now is 2005 and we want portability and portability again.

This is the biggest advantages of USB devices, especially when we are talking about HPCs.

SO, i dont see anything in your links above contracts or denies my post.

These links in no way reduce the value of my post.

If HPC2K MP900 users have long ago found any other solution or driver for getting usb capacities, then my post will be kinda useless. I am waiting for the reports of other MP900 users.

Edited by iamjoe 2005-10-18 9:42 AM
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 10:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I´m glad with this theme, very interesing.
I know is not a theme for HP7XX users, and is for this why I added my comments to bring HP7xx solutions..
I asume I have to change my Hp728 for a new MP900c.
And thanks for your comments.
You are doing a good work.

Sorry for my english. Sometimes I can´t explain all I want very well.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 11:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It should be of use under the Jornada 700 with the CF USB adapter.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hpcpro - 2005-10-18 2:59 PM

Yes

But HP7XX users need hardware as CF USBHost:
http://news.mydrivers.com/pages/20040630150932_45908.htm
http://www.twin-paradox.com/SEPDA.html

But I don´t know nobody who use these wm 2003 drivers and the CF USB Host on HP7XX.

Any solution?

you can use the Ratoc CF usb host in your 728. Nick can confirm it works... i don't know which drivers are needed, probably ppc2002. ask him
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 5:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you very much Cmonex . Openning doors...

Edited by hpcpro 2005-10-18 5:04 PM
 Top of the page
ProgramSynthesiser
ProgramSynthesiser Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 9:06 PM
#
I have USB drivers for Linux. I never knew that there was an actual host cf that actually worked. I will look into that...

Thanks for updating me on the subject.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-10-19 3:06 AM

I have USB drivers for Linux. I never knew that there was an actual host cf that actually worked. I will look into that...

Thanks for updating me on the subject.

i told you about the ratoc card.. your memory isn't as good as it used to be?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-19 3:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

NEC H/PC Pro driver works great on my MP800. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, iamjoe.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-19 12:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2005-10-18 11:37 PM

It should be of use under the Jornada 700 with the CF USB adapter.

I am afraid that CF USB adapter itself requires specific driver, not this Clik USB mass storage driver. The driver provided with the CF adapter probably has the USB mass storage driver capacities. On supported platform for such adapter, the Clik driver should not be needed.

I dont think such a adapter will support HPC2000. The SolarExpress? PDA II that HPCPro refers to only support WM2003 and WM5. In no way will the WM2003 driver can be borrowed on HPC2k OS.

due to small demand, the price of such an adapter is for sure too high. the price for SolarExpress? PDA II is US$90.

What is more, for most, if not all HP720 users, 720 is already good enough. with or without USB capacities, HP720 is still one of the best HPCs for them, if not the best HPC ever made.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-19 4:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2005-10-19 6:15 PM

I am afraid that CF USB adapter itself requires specific driver, not this Clik USB mass storage driver. The driver provided with the CF adapter probably has the USB mass storage driver capacities. On supported platform for such adapter, the Clik driver should not be needed.

I dont think such a adapter will support HPC2000. The SolarExpress? PDA II that HPCPro refers to only support WM2003 and WM5. In no way will the WM2003 driver can be borrowed on HPC2k OS.

due to small demand, the price of such an adapter is for sure too high. the price for SolarExpress? PDA II is US$90.

just search on this forum. the Ratoc usb host CF card has been tested in a jornada 720 and it works great with its own pocketpc drivers. no hacking needed.
of course this card is not cheap... but it works
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-19 8:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-20 4:39 AM

iamjoe - 2005-10-19 6:15 PM

just search on this forum. the Ratoc usb host CF card has been tested in a jornada 720 and it works great with its own pocketpc drivers. no hacking needed.
of course this card is not cheap... but it works

I know there is one that has been confirmed to be working on HP720. Since you have said that in previous post in black and white, i have no reasons not to trust you.

I specifically refer to the The SolarExpress? PDA II that the user HPCPro refers to. the products says it will only support wm2003 and WM. That is why i write:

"In no way will the WM2003 driver can be borrowed on HPC2k OS."

yes. the orginal sentence "I dont think such a adapter will support HPC2000." has a confusing wording: "such a adapter".

Then, i referred to the Solar Express.. Cmonex, i have no reason no to trust you.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-20 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2005-10-20 2:39 AM

Then, i referred to the Solar Express.. Cmonex, i have no reason no to trust you.

no problem, i just thought you missed my post

usually drivers for different OS versions won't work but i've seen exceptions. or there might be a ppc2002 driver soemwhere...
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 5:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-21 12:14 AM

iamjoe - 2005-10-20 2:39 AM

no problem, i just thought you missed my post

usually drivers for different OS versions won't work but i've seen exceptions. or there might be a ppc2002 driver soemwhere...

Btw, i am curious to know how did HPC2K MP900 use their usb post in the past, when there was no ce.net upgrade?

Did the Deje driver for PPC 2002 work on MP900? On Celux 300HC, it is darn slow, not practical at all.

Did they just accept the fact that the usb port on such an expensive MP900 is only for connecting to usb keyboards or mice? If MP900 is an inexpensive and lower-end HPC, i would probably accept this situation myself.

Since MP900 was and is still pricey now, i simply find this awkward situation unacceptable.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-21 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2005-10-21 11:56 AM

Btw, i am curious to know how did HPC2K MP900 use their usb post in the past, when there was no ce.net upgrade?

Did the Deje driver for PPC 2002 work on MP900? On Celux 300HC, it is darn slow, not practical at all.

Did they just accept the fact that the usb port on such an expensive MP900 is only for connecting to usb keyboards or mice? If MP900 is an inexpensive and lower-end HPC, i would probably accept this situation myself.

Since MP900 was and is still pricey now, i simply find this awkward situation unacceptable.

uh, well i never saw a reference that deje drivers would have worked... yes, MP900 users just accepted the "fact"... i didn't so i got my 900C (ok actually i needed it badly, not just because of usb,.. but that was a nice addition with ce.net!)
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-22 9:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-22 6:38 AM

iamjoe - 2005-10-21 11:56 AM

uh, well i never saw a reference that deje drivers would have worked... yes, MP900 users just accepted the "fact"... i didn't so i got my 900C (ok actually i needed it badly, not just because of usb,.. but that was a nice addition with ce.net!)

U know, some PPC2002 proggies could be hacked and tweaked to work on HPC2k. THis is also the case with certain drivers. So, I think the first thing to try is the Deje driver before USB clik driver was found.

For me, leaving USB port on the expensive MP900 for mice or keyboard only is unacceptable. But as the usb clik driver is little know in US or Europe, the clue of clik driver was somehow overlooked. Such a situation will surely play a major part in my decision for buying a MP900, if i am ever intended to do so

Btw, you said earlier that MP900 also suffered the same Rom corruption problem. Any details? Again, unacceptable for this once and possibly still high-end machine.

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10