x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

porting C++ code to pocket pc

pocketPC
pocketPC Page Icon Posted 2005-10-17 3:08 PM
#
Hi, we re trying to port a C++ project from LINUX to pocket pc.

We re thinking to use the .NET Framework due to its features for the GUI.

We re also planing to compile the rest of code to a single dll and to call it from the

managed (C# code), is it the right approach?

Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-17 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hello,

i think you posted it in the wrong forum and in the wrong section as well. i'll move this thread to the developer section but please note that we're not a pocketpc site, it is handheldpc so we might not be able to help you with this question.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-10-17 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

pocketPC - 2005-10-17 1:08 PM

Hi, we re trying to port a C++ project from LINUX to pocket pc.

We re thinking to use the .NET Framework due to its features for the GUI.

We re also planing to compile the rest of code to a single dll and to call it from the

managed (C# code), is it the right approach?

Thanks in advance

I did a project sometime back porting unix code to run on a windows server. For the most part, you can do what you suggested, ie having all the linux code in a dll, behaving as a component in the managed namespace. You will have to do some restructuring if the original code (linux) is not already having the prezo layer (UI) separated from the program code. If not, its really just defining the methods or interfaces for the component you want for the linux-component and writing it.

But as cmonex mentioned, this forum is more for HPCs than anything, so you may not get much support ...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 25