x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bluetooth DUN on J728

DaveH
DaveH Page Icon Posted 2005-10-19 2:41 PM
#
All of a sudden Bluetooth DUN no longer works on my Jornada.

Under my old ATT account I was able to access the internet & email via my mobile phone. Just set the Jornada to dial *99# and it connected, no problem. Worked like a charm all over the world. Originally I did it via IrDA on a Siemens S46. Then I upgraded to a Motorola v505 and used a Socket Bluetooth card on my Jornada. Still no problem, worked for a good six months.

Then the v505 died and the local store (was ATT, now Cingular) told me the v505 was no longer available. I had to move to a v551 and switch to Cingular at the same time. Then my internet connection via Bluetooth stopped working. The Jornada dials, connects and authenticates just like before, but then it immediately disconnects every time.

I finally had them switch me back to "ATT" (I'm using my old ATT SIM card again) with a v551, and I still get the same problem. However, I still have the old Siemens phone and it works fine via IrDA, just like before. It's just the Bluetooth connection that doesn't work.

Thanks for any ideas!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-19 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe the problem lies with the new phone. try dialing *99***1#, try to enter a dial string as an extra string, or change dialing patterns. or upgrade the firmware on the phone, it might have buggy bluetooth software (like the nokia 6230).

to locate the problem (for example buggy bluetooth on the phone): does the connection work over infrared?
 Top of the page
DaveH
DaveH Page Icon Posted 2005-10-20 3:52 PM
#
No luck with any of the common dialing variations, extra strings to reset the phone, or variations on WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, etc.

The Motorola doesn't have IrDA, and the Siemens doesn't have Bluetooth. So I have to move the SIM card between phones to test. IrDA works great on the Siemens every time, so I figure it must be a problem either with my phone setup or the Jornada Bluetooth config. It used to work great with the older Motorola phone, so I think I can eliminate the Jornada end, but that's also before the service was switched from ATT to Cingular. Cingular is absolutely no help.

I'm pulling my hair out!

By the way, I've only been to Budapest once in Jan 2003, but I love the city. I'm in Columbus, Ohio.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-20 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ohh it really sounds hopeless (almost) have you looked into the possibility of upgrading the firmware on the phone?

heh how did you get the chance to visit Budapest?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8