x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

opera mini works on hpc2000 (and possibly ce.net)

1 2 3 4 5
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 1:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Opera working?? Good job...a good start towards getting Firefox working

T
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pengyou - 2005-11-27 7:04 PM

Opera working?? Good job...a good start towards getting Firefox working

well we already got it to work
minimo (pda version of mozilla/firefox) works,
and the real firefox works too... though only via remote desktop.. check the pics on my site!
 Top of the page
rlw Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 12:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Cmonex,

I downloaded OperaMini.jar and the IBM Java stuff, but still can't get things to work. In your original post, you say "hexedit all EXE and DLLs" -- what does that mean? I'd sure like to get Opera working, any help would be appreciated....

RLW
 Top of the page
Gr3y Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 4:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I followed the instructions but I think I can't see the bottom half of the app. Is there a way to resize MidletHQ? If not how do I activate a midlet once it's installed?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 7:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gr3y, try winwatch to resize the app, www.damnsoft.org

rlw, ok, maybe i'll hexedit it myself and post it too but it would be twice the download... so if you can do it, it'd be easier

"hexedit the OS versions of all EXE and DLL files in the J9 bin directory after installation"

run execheck, select one of the executables in it, and select rewrite OS version, then rewrite it from 4.2 to 3.0. it is this easy!
 Top of the page
rlw Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 9:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Cmonex,

I downloaded OperaMini.jar and the IBM Java stuff, but still can't get things to work. In your original post, you say "hexedit all EXE and DLLs" -- what does that mean? I'd sure like to get Opera working, any help would be appreciated....

RLW

Sorry for the double post -- I got an error message saying the script had timed out after the first one (I started it last night, previewed it, and forgot to hit submit)...

Edited by rlw 2006-04-10 9:57 AM
 Top of the page
rlw Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 11:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, I got OperaMini to work -- THANKS, Cmonex, for the hints -- I've got a bit more of a clue since you pointed me to ExecutabilityCheck.exe. Is that what you use to "HEXEDIT" files?

I use a version of "vi" on my Linux system called "bvi" (for Binary VI) for hexediting in general. I'm looking forward to your hexedit tutorial.

In another thread, we talked about HOWTOs -- I've started one, but understand why nobody wants to take the time to create them -- mine started as just an example (HOWTO get Leo's Void to work on HPC2K) -- I've still got a long way to go.

Thanks again for the clues on getting Opera to work (although Opera itself is a tad disappointing -- it's not terribly smart at rendering -- obviously built for the small screen!).

RLW
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to see you got it to work!

yeah, opera mini isnt that great. opera 8.5 for ppc is much better, but we could not hack it yet, except for the netbook pro

execheck can do some hexediting stuff but it is not a hexeditor. i use an old beta but free version of something on my PC, but i think there are better (and freeware) options out there..
 Top of the page
iliesse Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 1:35 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

What program do I use to HEXEDIT the files? Do I use the PC or can I do it on my J710
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

iliesse - 2006-04-16 7:35 PM

What program do I use to HEXEDIT the files? Do I use the PC or can I do it on my J710

you can do on the 710 with executabilitycheck, just select "rewrite OS version"!

many of the more complicated hexedits cannot be done with execheck but it will be enough for opera mini!
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 7:35 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Got IBM J9 working, and opera mini. Downloaded and update to opera mini 2.0.4062, and it will load some sites the 1.0 version would not.

Question, and this probably applies to some other PPC->HPC app patches:

The Opera Mini screen is limited in size, and won't fill the J728 display. Looks like it lacks about 20 pixels or so. Also the MIDP20 "manager" has a menu bar along the bottom, another 24 pixels or so.

Any way to stretch the Opera Mini screen to fill up the screen vertically?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no idea.. that opera mini was written for the nokia communicators so 640x200..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 3:59 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I would think that Nyditot would do it. But is it worth the trouble (and the $20 if you don't already have Nyditot)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 4:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

how would nyditot do it unless you use 640x200 for all programs with it by specifying that as the display resolution.. not worth it
 Top of the page
finnovation Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

tõnna, could´t login - 2005-11-21 8:12 AM

Well Im now little smarter, but I still got warning from executability that \Windows\coredll.dll doesn´t export a function ordinary 1645. I could get the emulator to work but I dont know how proceed further.

and I have more error, "J9VMALL22.dll" can't be loaded. "J9VMALL22.dll" or its linked file requires a newer version OS.

What should I do cmonex??

thanks
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.409 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 33