x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-23 9:41 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

At my home I have:

A) 1 Desktop (primary computer)
B) 1 Laptop (Averatec 3150)
C) My Jornada (680e)
D) Her Jornada (680e)
E) Sony Clie (no network access, not really being used)

B, C, & D are wireless to my home network, A is hard wired to it.

A & B have a syncronized directory where all of our files are.

Keep in mind that I also have another desktop and laptop, neither are being used right now, but could be thrown into the mix at any moment .

I need to be able to sync my files to my Jornada (I use both A & B) and her files to her Jornada.

To top it off, I want to sync onto the CF card, not internal memory, and do not want to have to drag and drop.

Now having said all of that, I ask one little question---

How?

Moe
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 11:06 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you using Windows N4/2000/XP or 9x, and if one of the first three, do you both have individual user accounts or share a collective workspace?
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 4:55 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Windows XP Home on A & B, both of the unsed computers have ME or 98, whichever I feel like using at that time

We share a workspace, with one other user account on the desktop (no syncing needed here, just want to show as much of the picture as I can)

I thought I had it figured out, but it didn't work the way it was supposed to

Thanks for the help,
Moe
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-10-26 6:28 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

When my Jornada is hooked to my home network, Can I browse to it through network places somehow? It dosen't show there, I would need to know it's actual address- \\_______ (with or without connecting through active sync)

Can I map a drive to it? That is the big question.

Moe
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-26 6:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You cannot browse resources on a H/PC only from a H/PC (CE lacks a server service on purpose). A way around that is either a FTP server on the H/PC or to LAN connect to ActiveSync and use the Mobile Device icon in My Computer.

You can keep files in sync between PC's (but not H/PC's) by using the 'Briefcase' system - hit XP help.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.121 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9