x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Another wifi puzzle

tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 1:40 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I was wondering if anyone has this same problem and has the solution please share it with me. TIA.

I registered my Cisco 350 wireless card with the university network. I'm using this card with my J720. Prior to registering it, I was able to go to any hotspots and get connected. But not anymore. Some background info about the uni network. There are two layers of security that they use: WEP and also userID and password network authetication.

To circumvent this problem now, I have two wireless cards with me if I'm using the J720: One when during the uni environment and another for hotspots. But this shouldnt be the case, isnt it?

Edited by tech_girl 2005-10-24 1:47 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 11:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you have a static IP at uni instead of DHCP, you're going to like hpc netprofiles then (it is not required but much more comfy than manually adjusting...)

if that's not the case (that is, you have DHCP at uni - makes things easier..), simply create a new profile in your config utility for the wlan card. one for the uni another for hotspots and this one should have no WEP no nothing.

hmm you mention userID and password network authetication... maybe that needs to be turned off too before using the card in a hotspot.

edit: i tried to IM you on yahoo.. you weren't there
(i'll reply to your email soon!)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9