x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J728 dont respond to input

wikoh
wikoh Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 11:09 AM
#
My j728 now doesn't respond to any input whatsover. It draws the windows that was on last time it worked, (you can seem them drawing one by one, but quite fast).

So it seems the machine is running, it just doesn't respond to either my tapping or keypresses. It started to missread the stylus every now-and-then, which I thought was because i had "confused it" by using my fingers some times. Recalibrating solved that, but now it won't give me another chance...

Any way to bust-in remotely to pick up data in RAM, or even a fix?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

connect it to Activesync, make a backup, and hard reset.
or just copy the data with Explorer (or even total commander, with the wince plugin - http://ghisler.com)
 Top of the page
wikoh
wikoh Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 1:02 PM
#
but it wont respond to activesync
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 1:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

But you can turn it on and off.. and the keyboard works?
 Top of the page
wikoh
wikoh Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 10:38 AM
#
No the keyboard doesn't work (other than hitting on/off but it will only turn ON) Removed and inserted the main bat. and it's the same thing again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 10:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You removed it and put it straight back in, or, you removed it, the coin cell, the AC, walked away for 20 min and then put it back in?
 Top of the page
wikoh
wikoh Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 7:24 PM
#
If I remove the coincell the data is gone too... What seems to have happend is either

*settings don't match my kbd because I played around with the int'l settings and set it to swahili (but it wouldn't react at the time, it always returned to my usual swedish) This doesn't explain why the stylus wont work

*the many alarms on screen has hung the thing, but they reappear after soft reset.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8