x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sync issues wmp 10 and Jornada 720

Trish
Trish Page Icon Posted 2005-10-24 10:35 PM
#
Greetings,

I am trying to add some music files to my Jornada 720 using WMP 10. The media player on my PC sees the handheld device and it also sees my storage card in my Jornada. If I try to add a music file to the jornada through WMP 10 I get an error msg stating "Windows Media Player has encountered an unknow error".

If I add the music file to my storage card while the card is in the jornada the file transfers just fine but then WMP on the jornada tells me that there is no license associated with the file ands it will not play the darn thing.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 7:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Interesting, and welcome to the site.

If you go to Help > about in WMP10, what version number do you see listed?
There have been two versions of WMP10, the current one I believe to be 10.00.00.3802. If yours is lower than this, please re-download the installer from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia/

Now, as to the specific problem. It sounds like you are trying to upload protected content to the H/PC, and the HPC is refusing it as it cannot sync the security key. Have you been buying music from MSN Music, Napster etc -or- been ripping music using WMP itself?

If you're using WMP itself, head into options, the RIP tab and remove the Copy Protect Music check box. OK that and try and rip some more music from a CD. If you then try and upload the newly ripped music, it should go through correctly.
 Top of the page
Trish
Trish Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 2:11 PM
#
Thanks so much your suggestions regarding checking for the latest WMP!

I did indeed not have the latest and greatest version....as soon as I downloaded the latest version and tried to play a song I got inquired to download a small security file and then when I did my sync with my compact flash card in my Jornada I was able to play the song on the Jornada.

Thanks again for all your help!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 3:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Always a pleasure
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8