x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Trouble with cradle serial internet connection tutorial - CE 2.0 HP 360lx

Jasen
Jasen Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 11:37 AM
#
Hi guys,

Just got hold of a HP 360LX with cradle at the market ($15AU) (about 10 US bucks!) and have been madly installing all sorts of out of date programs and functionality for the thing (which has been good and fun as I love to make the most out of legacy hardware .

I'm actually going to use this thing now which means i'm going to have to put OS X aside for a bit and start coordinating the H/PC with my XP box.. (promised I wouldn't touch it since OS X).

Been through the tutorial on the site about proxy internet access via the cradle and Activesync.. Been through it three times.. done it all three times. Still can't get the H/PC to connect to any web site..

I have CE 2.0,
I have installed SP1 update,
I have then installed the Networking update,
Then I've followed the tutorial at:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0018.asp (3 times)
My XP box is sharing an internet connection with my OS X machine via a 10 port hub which I don't think should matter as the XP machine pretty much has a permanent internet connection via Ethernet like this. I had Norton 2005 set to allow the proxy program mentioned in the tutorial to have full access to everything and that didn't work.. so I disabled norton and it's port stuff and that didn't work either.. windows firewall isn't turned on either.

It's such a simple tutorial that either I'm retarded, or there is more to it than listed.
The tutorial says to 'bind' and enter 192.168.55.100 into the proxy server software.. why this number? is it something I need to change depending on my setup?

Should I be setting up some kind of 'serial connection' network service before the tutorial? does the tutorial 'assume' that i have something already done that isn't listed that I may have left out? or does it just use the cradle connection by default? it's so simple it's confusing me.. has anyone had any trouble with the tutorial?

or even better, has anyone had any success?

Thanks for your time I dont' like doing things the easy way.. there will be no LAN card in this device if I can do what i want by cradle but this cradle is rockin.

Jasen.

Top of the page
Jasen
Jasen Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 11:49 AM
#
guys'n'gals,

pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.....

that 192.168.55.100 thing in the tutorial was the problem, it doesn't actually state in the tutorial (that i can see anyway) that this number should be replaced in both instances of it's use with your machines actual IP address.. which probably makes a lot of sense to network people but, i really could have used that sentence anyway i tried swapping it and it worked.

all solved..

sorry for making you read that giant post.

J.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 1:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 192.168.55.x number is the ActiveSync connection addressing. As the connection is for ActiveSync based connectivity, this is accurate.
You can use the LAN ip in some circumstances, however this is beyond the scope of the tutorial - as the tutorial is for ActiveSync / HPC Explorer / WCE Serivces connections.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jasen - 2005-10-25 5:37 PM

Thanks for your time I dont' like doing things the easy way.. there will be no LAN card in this device if I can do what i want by cradle but this cradle is rockin.

i think you could enjoy LAN more it is really great on a legacy CE 2 device (my experience)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8