x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket IE 2.0 on Greyscale H/PC - Can it save images and retain color data?

Jasen
Jasen Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 8:25 AM
#
Hi again,

Just a quick query for anyone who may have an answer to this. (it's probably a dumb question but sometimes the simplest of things escape us).

HP PALMTOP PC (jornada) 360LX - Greyscale screen.

I can retain color data in images that are sent to my h/pc inbox by email, however when I download images through pocket explorer 2.0, they lose colour data.. I have tested this by sending some downloaded pics to my hotmail via email. all greyscale or b/w. yet the color is retained in the email attachments from outside.

Is there away to disallow pocket IE from converting images to 16 greys? or is it a feature of the hardware that is doing it?

If I was to view a 24bit image on a monochrome monitor based PC via a web browser.. surely it would look crap but retain all color data when downloaded? is that a good analogy? i dunno.

thanks in advance..

jasen.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 11:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The reason why it's messing up is because PIE is rendering the images into 2bp files and then sliding them into the Internet Cache.
If you alt + Tap and save the target into RAM/Storage then you will be able to maintain the colour information.
 Top of the page
Jasen
Jasen Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 9:38 PM
#
thanks for the tip.

I alt clicked, saved the 'google' logo to my ram card and then sent it from pocket explorer to another account.. was still greyscale.

perhaps there isn't much I can do about it.

Jasen.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 11:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

This does not make sense at all, CE 2.0 is color compatible, however just because the screen is monochrome, it does not meen it cannot save into color, but maybe the ROM upgrade does not allow color images to be saved for some reason...

Joseph
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 7:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you tell it to save target as a 2bp or a BMP/JPG/GIF?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Can PIE2.0 save a target link directly? If so, doing that for an image should work.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9