x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hpc that accepts AA batteries

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 6:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

at the cat. That's a contender for a H/PC wallpaper alright.

Don't forget to drop your Phenom on hpcBay. Naturally you're not trying to sell something outside of hpcBay

The z50 needs 8x AA's to operate (12v in other words). Expencive hobby for Alkaline's so a good set of highly rated NiMH' is needed.

Anyone ever experimented runing a 720 off of AA's? 2.5A @ 12v... possible... so what, 25 second run time? 30 may be?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-28 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-10-29 12:43 AM

at the cat. That's a contender for a H/PC wallpaper alright.

Don't forget to drop your Phenom on hpcBay. Naturally you're not trying to sell something outside of hpcBay

The z50 needs 8x AA's to operate (12v in other words). Expencive hobby for Alkaline's so a good set of highly rated NiMH' is needed.

Anyone ever experimented runing a 720 off of AA's? 2.5A @ 12v... possible... so what, 25 second run time? 30 may be?

yaeh one of my friends had a 720 running off AA's. the problem was that he used only 6 of them, so that meant 7.2-8.4 V and the hpc wanted 12 because he connected them to the DC jack... it would still start, complaining about the low voltage, and did not run for more than 10 secs. however if you do have 10 of them, it should run fine for a much longer time: the 720 does not need 2.5A, HP just wanted to make sure the charger would be able to provide enough under any circumstances.. lets say full brightness, full contrast, cisco wlan card (5-600 mA consumption!), overloaded cpu, fully emptied battery needing recharging, etc... even then it won't be 2.5A!
i used a charger for the 720 that could give only 500 mA and it was fine except when trying to browse at full screen brightness with the builtin modem while charging the half empty battery.
normally, the 720 itself needs 150-250 mA. 100-160 mA @ 12V, when the cpu is idle (100 is the lowest brightness, 160 is the max level of brightness). cpu at 100% is an additonal 60 mA. we didn't measure the values off the battery.. only AC. i would be interested though

btw Nick already tried to sell his phenom on hpcbay two times
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 3:11 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Stop making fun of my ultra-powerful cisco card. (I get wifi from my house a block away )

The 2000c had terrible battery life, using nimh battery packs explains that now...heh. You could probably figure out how to get AA's into there.

C:Amie, I have been planning to make my portable battery pack for some time. I originally thought of using a bunch of C cells, but why not just get a small SLA battery? Now that would provide 2.5Ah...
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 6:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2005-10-29 1:15 AM

btw Nick already tried to sell his phenom on hpcbay two times

Yeah, no one wants it Its just sitting collecting dust, with my J720, I bearly ever use it. If anybody's interested, PM me, with how much you would pay for it.

Somebody mentioned running the Phenom off AA's, its great, my battery lasted quite a while, but with AA's they never seem to run flat

Nick
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 6:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

[Double Posted sigh]

I bought my Phenom for £60, thats why I have a high asking price. But at the moment, I don't need all of my return back.

BTW: I'll try and make the photo of my cat into a wallpaper. Payments to my PayPal please

Nick

Edited by Nick Charlton 2005-10-29 6:17 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 8:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good thinking PS, if you get a chance to give it a try, let me (us) know how you get on.

I must have missed the hpcBay threads, I had a look one's a FA the others a FS. Both are a little out of date, so create a new one if you wish to do so.
Good eBay photo btw.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 12:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-10-29 9:11 AM

Stop making fun of my ultra-powerful cisco card. (I get wifi from my house a block away )

The 2000c had terrible battery life, using nimh battery packs explains that now...heh. You could probably figure out how to get AA's into there.

C:Amie, I have been planning to make my portable battery pack for some time. I originally thought of using a bunch of C cells, but why not just get a small SLA battery? Now that would provide 2.5Ah...

ultra powerful card? we've done tests and my CF (!) wlan card was hardly worse than the cisco 350.

how to put AA's there? i wont figure it out, it is not my hpc and i'm not an expert at electronics so if you have any ideas you can help

btw C:Amie i didn't see the 2000c in the hpc list... it is identical to the 2010c, except that apparently it's missing a modem.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 1:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-10-29 10:42 AM

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-10-29 9:11 AM

ultra powerful card? we've done tests and my CF (!) wlan card was hardly worse than the cisco 350.

how to put AA's there? i wont figure it out, it is not my hpc and i'm not an expert at electronics so if you have any ideas you can help

btw C:Amie i didn't see the 2000c in the hpc list... it is identical to the 2010c, except that apparently it's missing a modem.

Also, the 2015c is not in the device list...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 11:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-10-29 7:06 PM

what is the 2015c different in from the 2010c?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-30 1:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, I didn't mention the fact that my dsl gateway has 3 wifi antennas built in...

I will try the battery thing when I get some C cases, which I can borrow from school. But it will be some time before I get a lead acid.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-30 9:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hahah, scrap that, I will get the most impressive sealed lead acid that I have seen for some time, once I get $30...

The technology has definitely improved, I never expected to see one that could fit in my hand... Yet, it still weighs 3x more than you would expect! (And always will). But this tiny battery gives out 12v at 5Ah!!! Thats a lot of power! Maybe I will just leave it in my backpack, and charge all my stuff in there. (Yes, I have always wanted to do that)

So once I can buy that (I am mainly buying it to make a portable Replica I... ), I will need the right adaptor. I guess I will take my 720's AC adaptor to RadioShack, and find out. But that will happen at the same time as buying the battery. Once again, time is against me though...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-30 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

eh, it is going to be tricky to find an adaptor to enable charging off that superbattery
it is still relevant to the original thread though.. if you do manage this, no one will ever need AA powered hpc's again!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2005-10-29 11:15 PM

tenjeangosi - 2005-10-29 7:06 PM

what is the 2015c different in from the 2010c?

2015c is the same as the 2010c, the only difference is the software bundled with it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 11:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm sure that I can arrange for these to be added to the device list, thanks for the FYI.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 2:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

In fact, JVC JP once released MP-c102 in Jp only.

It is probably the most powerful HPC Pro than runs four AA battery without the need for any special and clumsy AA battery adapter. Just buy 4 AA and insert them into C102. It will start working right now!

I believe it is quite fast with the Toshiba TX3922 CPU, which is also used in Intermec 6651.

I have a Sharp HC-AJ1, which is also powered by TX3922. It could be the fastest HPC Pro with a bmq benchmark of 291. BMQ benchmark is not everything, but it does give you a general picture of the machine's performance. I also used the JP version of NEC MobilePro 880. Sharp cuite (only 810g!!) easily outperforms MP880.

btw, C102 is also very light. with only 735g, u can 7.2-inch 65536-color dstn screen, cf2, pc card 2, vga out, usb host and 56K modem.

http://rothberger.net/pages/hardware/jvc_mpc102.shtml

of course, it can use the USB CLik driver and connect to tons of usb memory devices and digital cameras, as i discussed in this post.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2623&posts=4

Edited by iamjoe 2005-10-31 2:08 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 31