x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hpc that accepts AA batteries

1 2 3
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 2:28 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Naah, radioshack has tons of adaptors, including the one I need. Now I just need to make sure which pin is positive and which is negative...
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks! You're like the calvary, coming to my rescue...only you smell a lot better

By chance...is there an h/pc 2.11 or newer with a full vga 640x480 that will run off of AA batteries? Yes...i know I ask for a lot

I have searched the web for a pocket size nuclear powered generator but have not had much luck I would probaby be stopped carrying that through the airport to...

If I can get a battery pack together that matches voltage and amperage is it guaranteed to work? It seems that a lot of chargers that come with h/pcs put out more voltage than the battery itself does, probably to enable the charger to recharge the battery, even while being used. Would i have to drill a hole into the pda to run a wire through directly to the battery connectors?

There are so many good pda's out there that would still be useful if things like obtaining batteries were not a problem...I have done some research and found that, if you can find a battery, it is sometimes as expensive as buying a second hand unit

Thanks again

T
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 10:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The IBM Workpad z50...
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Cool!...now for the grand prize, a full vga with usb that runs on AA batteries?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 4:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, now you are getting a bit tricky here . I think the Jornada 72x can run on AAs for about 30 seconds.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 5:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-11-02 10:53 PM

Ok, now you are getting a bit tricky here . I think the Jornada 72x can run on AAs for about 30 seconds.

no, no.
only if you want to give 7.2V through the DC jack. if you're willign to get 10 ni-mh AAs together it should be fine
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pengyou - 2005-11-02 4:47 PM

There are so many good pda's out there that would still be useful if things like obtaining batteries were not a problem...I have done some research and found that, if you can find a battery, it is sometimes as expensive as buying a second hand unit

this is not true of jornada 720's
you can get a j720 for 200$ on ebay and another 20$ a new batt... or buy four extended batteries for 200$ again.. 4500 mAh each! you can run for weeks with four of them
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 5:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, I just saw some members talking about it.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9