x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Baquare PHH - battery or car charger

cj
cj Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 7:04 PM
#
Hi, has anyone had success in finding replacement batteries; external battery extender or even had a car charger made for the PHH. Battery life is limited to just a few hours on my unit and not lasting a full day - yes, I have all the power settings set correctly.

Great machine but battery is really handicapping me. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thx
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi,
if you find out how to make a car charger for it, as the dc jack is quite special that would be really appreciated by many. i don't need it, it has always lasted a full day for me with the phone turned on and with gprs (you just need to make sure it's fully charged in the morning!), but a good friend of mine is struggling without a car charger...
replacement batts? your unit is new, isn't it? investing in a new batt will do no good then. is the batt easily replaceable at all? i doubt it, but that's me, i know others have done it. i didn't try...
power settings.. you can try to use it without the backlight. there's a reghack for it on the forum. of course the gorgeous screen will look less nicer then but still acceptable under many circumstances.
i haven't tried it but if it could be applied on the fly... (can it?) that's a solution then.
btw you can run it at 200 Mhz... or lower with the over/underclock utility, downloadable on this forum as well.
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 10:06 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

You can charge through the sync port on the back of the device so you should be able to rig up some sort of car-charger. I cant remember the pins off hand but there is a picture somewhere in this forum. The battery isn't officially user-replaceable but it should be possible if you know what you are doing.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow. ok if we get the pic (i already saved it somewhere) whats next? that port is special again... ok sorry i dont know much of these, ih ope my friend will be happy to hear these news!
any idea where to get a second battery??
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 1:36 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have a car charger for my PHH!

It was made by an electronics engineer friend of mine.

The charger itself is relatively simple but efficient as the PHH has quite a power draw and therefore would get very hot if not efficient.

As for the connector, I got round this by keeping the original connector and cutting the cable next to the mains adapter. I then had a jack plug & socket installed in the adapter cable that was left & the same on the car charger. Now the cable supplied with the unit fits either car or mains.

If anyone is interested, I am sure my friend would either supply the circuit details or maybe even make a few of them, let me know.

Mike
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 1:37 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The charger itself is relatively simple but efficient as the PHH has quite a power draw and therefore would get very hot if not efficient.

As for the connector, I got round this by keeping the original connector and cutting the cable next to the mains adapter. I then had a jack plug & socket installed in the adapter cable that was left & the same on the car charger. Now the cable supplied with the unit fits either car or mains.

If anyone is interested, I am sure my friend would either supply the circuit details or maybe even make a few of them, let me know.

Mike
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 9:18 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm interested (as always )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmarks - 2005-11-02 7:37 AM

Mike

heh, how tricky still simple! i'll let my friend know and probably we'd like the circuit details etc... i'll send my email address in a PM message
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 6:12 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Sorry about the delay. The following link is a schematic of the circuit I have (my engineering friend wouldn't give me the full circuit.

It does work a treat though.

http://www.sayang.demon.nl/co/MAX724_12A.gif
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 6:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks.

any idea where we could get one??
 Top of the page
quine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 3:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Some guy opened his BPH and found the battery spec. as follows:

ATL 3.7V/1860MAH

[img]http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=292982&noupdate=yes[/img]

[img]http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=292983&noupdate=yes[/img]
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 11:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

the battery of the Mitac Mio 168 fits in perfectly, no soldering, just screws.
however it is only 1350 mAh still not too bad, if your bsq PHH battery dies...
 Top of the page
loco
loco Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 9:08 AM
#
Open the PHH cradle,
join the Vbus with the "Hot" cable. (second + last cables)

Now your phh can be charged from your USB port, while Active Sync

Buy a Car charger, that has a USB type slot. There's your car charger.

NOTE: do not use the short cable of the cradle to charge your PHH anymore,
coz you'll fry it.

Mine works a treat, let me know
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 10:17 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, nice idea, i'll let you know about success (a friend of mine would really like a solution)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11