x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cannot create a partnership between Casiopeia PA-2400W and ActiveSync 3.8

dgt123
dgt123 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 8:41 AM
#
I cannot create a partnership between Casiopeia PA-2400W (HPC Pro Windows 2.11) and ActiveSync 3.8 because the hardware is mediums are not present.

The problem is that the Laptop I am trying to create a partnership with has NO Serial ports (it does have USB) and the Casiopeia CE device has NO USB (it does have a Serial port)!

I have wireless networking up and running with the Cassiopeia (Symbol Wireless Networker). I can even connect to a network share and copy files across.

However, for further functionality i.e. debugging & installation of software, I need ActiveSync capabilities.

Once the partnership is setup, I can connect to ActiveSync through wireless.

I have read the following article:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0027.asp : But I am not sure creating the registry keys from scratch will provide everything ActiveSync needs.

There was a company that created a program called "Partnership Creator" to solve such a problem (http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html?/j7xx/software/prog/partnership.html contains the link) but they no longer supply the program.

Has anyone had this problem before? i.e. No hardware medium to setup ActiveSync comms?

(Thanks)

Edited by dgt123 2005-11-01 8:52 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 2:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried a serial-to-USB adapter? I use one and it works fine. However, make sure you get one with a driver CD, and install the driver even if you have Windows XP. (You may have to click on "Get Connected" in ActiveSync to get a connection, as it sometimes takes more than one try, particularly if you use the USB port for other things as well.)

After creating a partnership, you should be able to install most software by using your wireless connection to copy CAB files (most apps include these on the CD or download ZIP files) onto the device.

I'm interested in getting a PA-2400W myself, since it's a really cool cross between H/PC and Palm-size PC, so I hope these things work for you.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 5:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Belkin makes good serial-usb adapters... Radio Shack also has a good one, however it is overpriced and the dongle is too long . Also, you could try wireless IrDA transfer with a USB dongle...

Joseph
 Top of the page
dgt123
dgt123 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 4:45 AM
#
Thanks for that.
Ebay search for "5824494993" - I bought from this seller. Must have a load of them.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 10:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No problem, you are welcome

Joseph
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11