x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

680 CF slot problem

mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 3:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

First of all, how are you supoosed to open out the cf slot on the 680? I use a pen or something to pry it open and when I do, there is a small black clip on both ends at the top of the cf card holder that falls out, how can I prevent those clips from falling out everytime I open the cf card holder please? Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 4:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hum... they shouldn't fall out. no idea what happened with it
and you should open it exactly the way it is indicated on the sticker on the cf slot. if you don't follow those instructions *exactly* you will have difficulties with opening it. took some time for me to figure that out
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 5:07 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Believe it or not, I never saw that sticker until you mentined it, ok so now I know how to open it. I am seeing a metal spring clip on either side of the cf holder but it's not attached to anything, are these clips supposed to be attached to the cf holder itself which opens out?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think i know what clips you're talking about.. (?)
they're attached to the top half and the bottom half of the cf holder on my 680 and they go somewhere below the bottom.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 6:40 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I am guessing that the spring clips are what is supposed to release the cf holder when you press the bottom of it. Any ideas or links to where I might find out exactly where those clips are supposed to be placed?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe i can take a pic for you if you can't find information on it, but i'll need someone else to help me hold it while i take the photo so i can do it only tomorrow.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-11-01 6:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

whatever you can do will be really appreciated, thanks, just called up HP and found out that I cannot get any support for this unit, all I wanted was to get maybe a schematic or something that might show me where those clips go, makes me wonder if I should ever buy an HP product again, huh?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i took the photos. hope it is what you wanted to see if not let me know!

http://izemize.fw.hu/PICT0138.JPG
http://izemize.fw.hu/PICT0139.JPG
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 7:19 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I think we may have misunderstood each other, if you look at your 2nd pic, at the front of the pic on the left you will see a very fine "round" metal spring clip that looks like a paper clip and is resting on the base of the unit, there is also one on the right, I had assumed that these 2 clips ar what is supposed to be attached to the cf holder, I am guessing now that you thought I was talking about the 2 metal springs that holds the cf "cover" up?

Well, this suggests to me that the 2 clips I was referring to is NOT supposed to be attached to the cf cover. If that is the case then I am back to the issue of the 2 black plastic clips, I don't want to use crazy glue just in case those black clips are supposed to be "movable for the cf holder to open, what's your thoughts on all of this please? Very sorry that you took the time and effort to take those pics but it did narrow things down so yes, it was very helpful [thank you].
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i see now. these clips aren't black here, but i suspected you might have referred to them... hopefully i understand now
actually, they're lightly attached to the cf holder at the side. and at the bottom, they're not attached as far as i can see. oh and they don't fall out in my unit. but i don't know what their role is. i don't see them moving, however i couldn't fully test that. but, i can take additional pics if you need them, no problem
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 8:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I still think we are not on the same page, sorry for the confusion. The "black" clips I am referring to are located at the very "top" of the cf holder "cover" itself on both sides. You may not notice them because they don't fall out on yours. I think I will have to use crazy glue.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 9:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yes now i understand good luck with the glue
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.230 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9