x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 Possible Keyboard Problem

vevaphonic Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 1:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hiya all.

A few months back I've posted here regarding J720 keyboard problems. Well since then, I've devised a workaround solution and the problem never required dire fixing. Matrixcore was even kind enough to provide instructions and photos on how to remove the keyboard.

Anyway I recently became curious and finally bought T6 screwdrivers. After a bit of fiddling around and following instructions, I removed the keyboard and put it back in. I turned on the J720 and the same problem was still there. Which is every key, save one, I pressed activated the "on/off" function. The only key that did not do that was the "On/Off" key. My workaround was to hold done another key and this prevents the "on/off" from kicking in. Oddly enough, the "On/off" key actually works as normal when this is applied.

One hypothesis I have is that there is a short circuit or something like that in the keyboard. Or sticky contact lands, e.g. a particular key keeps getting pressed.

Since the keyboard is still functionable, I'm not too fussed. But does it sound like the fault is contained to just keyboard itself?

Since I live in Brisbane, Australia I was wondering if there are local suppliers of spare J720 keyboards if I do need a new one?

Edited by vevaphonic 2005-11-02 1:21 AM
 Top of the page
BERT
BERT Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 9:08 AM
#

HOW CAN I REMOVE & INSTALL KEYBOARD INTO MY JORNADA 720

Best Regards
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Elite

search the old forum threads. informacion on how to do that has already been discussed
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore - 2005-11-29 7:29 PM

search the old forum threads. informacion on how to do that has already been discussed

wooooooooooooooooo. informacion?! now i can make fun of you!

sorry for the OT, but i couldn't resist this...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

sorry, spanish surfaced on me as i told before, i had as much right as making typos as you have to make fun of them.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 13