x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

(Tuff-One) Secure Connection (a new twist)

terraaquaman Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 11:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am running a mobilepro 780 current with all updates patches ext, including the 128bit update. I can access Yahoo mail over a dial up and WIFI connection (2wire Orinico)

So here is the twist

When using a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 PC Card I get the message "Can not connect to secure network" and then freezing the LAN connection

So after exhusting all posibilities in MS knowledge base , debunked Xircom (intel)Sites and even changing cat5 cables and ports I give up. Here is the best of my thinking.

The Xircom card though it works just fine for regular browsing is not cable of processing the 128bit and SSL3 SHa** certificates.

If any one can help, please I am trying to get the unit up and runing for yahoo mail for my son who will only have LAN abilities.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm interestign...

is it the same internet connection over lan as over wifi?

if not, have you tested any other lan card?
 Top of the page
terraaquaman Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 12:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

yes, same connection into a US robotics access point router. This has thrown me a curve. It seems that the Ethernet card is working except for secure connections (yahoo and msn mail) I have not tried another lan card for I do not have one.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 11:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you trying to log-in to a domain?
 Top of the page
terraaquaman Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No, it is an open network.

What is interesting is that I I log into Yahoo using the wifi connection. I then switched to the LAN card. I was able then to navigate in yahoo mail. I then logout and tried logging in with the lan card. Same problem.

Thought: Could there be programming in 2.11 or the drivers preventing the innitial secure handshake if not logged into a domain. The wifi portion of the network is encrypted (no problems ) and when I use a dail up connection I am logging into an ISP(once again no problems.)

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12