x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Interesting Hard Reset message

wikoh
wikoh Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 10:55 AM
#
The problems I've had with my J728 beeing locked was solved by a hard reset (I removed backup + std batt) but when I turned it on **it asked me whether I wanted to keep things in RAM** Of course taking both batts out should make it impossible to recover anything, so I'm not surprised choosing 'Y' didn't work.

Can a less hard reset be done somehow, that would not reset the area designated as storage, hence the message?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You experienced RAM fragmentation because you didn't leave the device powered down for long enough. In an ideal world you should leave it for 20 minutes. Certainly 120 seconds if you're in a rush.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hehe, i never wait any sec, because it is easier to answer with No to this question than waiting the full 20 mins

wikoh, the answer to your question: i doubt it, but you can buy a CF card and always put every data on that! so you won't lose anything in a hard reset!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Not to mention HP's great backup utility--far better than ActiveSynch's. I keep a RAM backup on the CF and another on the desktop.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8