x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

adaptec scsi card and win ce

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-04 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have a pcmcia scsi card, adaptec, that I would really love to use with a ppc. OK, OK, well maybe it is not essential but if essentialness were an absolute criteria of life, very few of us would be here

Does anyone have any experience with this? Also...harder question, I have searched for a 2.5" scsi hard drive and found nothing...nothing...nothing. Does anyone have any leads?
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 1:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have an Addonics Mini-SCSI external hard drive enclosure that uses an Adaptec PCMCIA SCSI card. Works well with an MP890 (MP880 with an MP790 ROM). I'm using it with a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter to read/write 2.5" notebook drives. If necessary, it seems relatively simple to gut the electronics out and put them into a smaller enclosure suitable for a 2.5" drive. What I did instead was use a 2.5" drive in a 3.5" enclosure, and used the extra space for an AA NIMH battery pack. That way I can use the hard drive with the MP890 while away from external power sources like a wall outlet or car cigarette lighter socket for extended periods of time without rapidly flattening the MP890's battery.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 5:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are HPC drivers in the HCL for -a and -b models - and you do realise that this isn't a PPC site...?
 Top of the page
BruceHungerford
BruceHungerford Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 3:19 PM
#
Zapper, what driver are you using with your SCSI card? I ask because I also have an MP890 that I have tried to use with an Adaptec 1460D SlimSCSI PCcard. I have (at various times) loaded the drivers I found at Adaptec (this was several months ago) and the one from the HCL at HPC:Factor (1460_wince_drv_v2_12-1.exe).

Doing a desktop install, I get a warning that the driver is not compatible with the OS but tell it to load anyway. After the install, when I hook up my SCSI CD-ROM (a PROCOM MCD-40X) to the 890, I find no sign in Windows Explorer of the drive's presence.

When I called Adaptec, they informed me that the 1460 was an obsolete product that they no longer supported and (politely) blew me off. Until your post, I had assumed that I had wasted my money on the 1460 but had not gotten around to listing it on eBay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Bruce
MP890 Evangelist

BTW, I do have mfcce211.dll and olece211.dll in the Windows directory.
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-13 10:36 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks! sorry for the typo...it is an hpc that I want to use the scsi card on. I have both an hpc and a ppc. I do use the ppc occassionally but find that most of what I wnat to do would be best done by the hpc. I often call both of them ppc's, though I know this is not correct. Sorry for the confusion.

T
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 17 - Executed queries : 53