x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PCMCIA R2E-100BTX with MobilePro 770 & 780

sparkyssb Page Icon Posted 2005-11-07 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have both a MobilePro 770 & 780 and I was looking for an dongle-less ethernet card for each one of my handhelds. I am about to buy the Xircom R2E-100BTX because it does have 2.0 drivers but I am worried that I may get it and it won't work with the MIPS chipset. Is this an issue?

Thank you for your time,

Eric Lucas
*The 1000th registered user*
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-11-08 8:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That Realport card is a Type III card. That means it is fatter than a normal card, hence I don't believe it will fit the Type II card slot of the Mobiepros.

Rich
 Top of the page
sparkyssb Page Icon Posted 2005-11-08 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for your response! Alright, so the Xircom is out...how about the 3Com Megahertz 3CXE589E? Do you believe it is compatible with the MobliePro 770 & 780 Windows CE 2.11?

Thank you,

Eric Lucas
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-11-09 6:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The driver for that card is the same driver as for the 3CXE589ET, and that card works fine, so I might assume that it should work with the card you mention. The HCL shows compatibility with CE 2.0 and partial compatibility with newer CE versions. If I were to guess, I would say yes, but it would only be a guess...and I might be wrong.

Are you scared of losing a dongle?

Rich
 Top of the page
sparkyssb Page Icon Posted 2005-11-11 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks...no I'm not scared, my company is. We have internet installs to do here next week and I need cards by then for our MobilePros. I ended up ordering a few Socket LP/E's because I have read they work pretty much out of the box.

Thanks for your input. Take care.

Eric Lucas
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9