x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

getting thunderbird working with activesync

fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-12 1:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hi!
how do i get thunderbird working with Actviesync??outlook is ******** and i am not allowed to post in some mailing lists anymore because of outlooks **** quoting style...

marco
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-12 1:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You cannot with ActiveSync as ActiveSync *only* supports Outlook 98 and up. Try looking at a third party PIM sync program... Unless thunderbird could use the same format as Outlook. And please do not asterisk words, it makes your post harder to understand.

Joseph
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-13 7:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

fragenmensch, You do realise that you can change the way Outlook quotes in the Email Options?
I also recommend that you change the editor from Word to Plain Text, and set all email to plain text. Mailing lists HATE html or RTF formatted emails just as much as newsgroups do - so don't go there.
The issue is that Outlook installs automatically using MS Word as the text editor.

tenjeangosi, he's cussing, so as the better of two evils... though it states in the board rules not to (RULE 3)... :whistles:
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-13 12:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I know, C:Amie. I apologize . I forget why I did not point it out.

Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-13 12:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I do that already, but the mailing list also hates the big fat header in front of the answer...

marco

ps: yesterday i was drunken a bit;-)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-13 3:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ok, there are two options with outlook that you could potentially use (saving you a trip to TB)

1. Remove the header information completely from all message
2. Write a Macro / Message rule combination to strip the header out for messages going to those relevant mailing lists.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9