x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Getting TCPMP installed

1 2
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-14 3:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi!

I am sure you know TCPMP-it was in the review a couple of weeks ago. But when I try to install it, the setup freezes at "Writing informations for Removing Programs"(babelfish translation of german text). I think this belongs to a broken setup.dll. Can anyone help me?

Marco
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-14 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

same problem here on CE 2.0 with the newest tcpmp. i tried an older version, it did install but would not run. i just got an illegal operation shut down etc etc message
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-14 4:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

illegal exception???that seems to be an build for ce 2.11 and above:-(

anyone with a ce2.00 compiler and some porting experience here??

marco
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-14 5:11 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

[rant] Why is it that most of the threads you start end up with a port request? [/rant]

If you're that serious about getting software to run on your device I strongly suggest you try and pick up on eVC++. It's not as hard as it looks... honest
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-14 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

fragenmensch - 2005-11-14 10:26 PM

illegal exception???that seems to be an build for ce 2.11 and above:-(

actually it would be the 2.x build. and that means 2.0 AND 2.11.... the build is just plain wrong probably the developer didn't have a CE 2 device to test it on.

you can get the source code, so just recompile it!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 9:53 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, I guess I cannot install TCPMP on CE 2.0. But, I like Wodeon on my Compaq 2010c... OT: What programs would I need to devlelop programs on CE 2.0?

Thanks,
Joseph
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 11:59 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Two options: The toolkits for VC6 and VB6; they don't create native EXEs and eVB/eVC-they seem not to have compatibility; but other I don't know...Oh, i forgot PocketC but this is not updated since 1999...

Marco
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 12:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thanks, fragenmensch

Now the hard part is to find them cheap...
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 3:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

eVB/eVC are for free; ask the admins here because the SDKs for CE2.0 have difficulties with it. The toolkits were once on MSDN CDs;I think you may find them on eBay or(I don't know if this is legalised in the forum rules--in the eDonkey network). PocketC is available for trial at www.orbworks.com; activation codes for it curse through the web as Orbworks clsoed up development and support for the CE version, but with a freeware you can use it nearly as a full C compiler. It also doesn't create native EXEs; you can only do it with eVC or the VC toolkit. Take Care: The toolkit for VC6 has difficulties with the Enterprise Edition, and the ADO/CE SDK NEEDS CE Services _2.0_!!!
Hope this helps(and at the ones who get eVB working: tell us how you did it!)...

Marco
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 8:46 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

2. Warez: We will not tolerate under any circumstances users posting requests for, information on or locations of pirated software. This includes people suggesting they other members attempt to locate it as a solution

Rule number 2, not exactly somewhere. For your own safety, do not mention anything of the sort on a forum that is being constantly linked and cached to google.

I believe the sdk's can be downloaded from Microsofts website. I am positive about 2.11 and 2000, not so sure about 2.0.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 12:44 AM
#
H/PC Elite

About the p2p app, it's forbidden, however, it surprises me that your post hasn't been removed and you've been warned by now.

That's how these things are
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 4:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore - 2005-11-16 6:44 AM

That's how these things are

mmm, how do you mean?
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 9:21 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-16 2:46 AM

2. Warez: We will not tolerate under any circumstances users posting requests for, information on or locations of pirated software. This includes people suggesting they other members attempt to locate it as a solution

Rule number 2, not exactly somewhere. For your own safety, do not mention anything of the sort on a forum that is being constantly linked and cached to google.

I believe the sdk's can be downloaded from Microsofts website. I am positive about 2.11 and 2000, not so sure about 2.0.

The SDKs can be found here in the DOWNLOAD section; for the crititcsers: I don't even know if the toolkits are in p2p networks, I can only think they are available there and I don't think that the forum rules mean naming a p2p network; I think they mean that it is forbidden to post ed2k:// etc. links.

Marco
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 7:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

fragenmensch - 2005-11-16 7:21 AM

I don't even know if the toolkits are in p2p networks, I can only think they are available there and I don't think that the forum rules mean naming a p2p network; I think they mean that it is forbidden to post ed2k:// etc. links.

We are not criticizing you... It is against forum rules even suggest warez, as ProgramSynthesiser said, if someone were to type "" toolkits, they might find your post, and not knowing that it is illegal and download it, and they could get in jail for it... I am not a moderator, but I believe that this might be your last warning for posting warez...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 8:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-15 6:46 PM

2.0 SDK is also on MICRO$OFT'S site.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04a04175-3db7-434d-96a5-1f04887d0d0e&displaylang=en
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10