x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bad eBay users!

1 2
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-14 11:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hello Everyone,

From the idea from ProgramSynthesiser: Bad eBay users! Ones to avoid buying from. Make sure to consult this list before you get that item on eBay you wanted. I know one: republicnational, I never recieved my Velo 1 after a month and a half!

EDIT: Spell Error

Edited by tenjeangosi 2005-11-14 11:26 PM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I think ive been pretty lucky on the buying, now selling i have had some pretty lame deadbeat bidders...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 4:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

jnkslr419 - a friend of mine is having problems with this pda seller now. (the pda is a sony clié, still this is remotely relevant, eh? )
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 8:21 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

xscentral-com, terrible - he is the one that canceled the sell when I was almost at his house to pick it up. Idiot. Buyers beware, don't give him a chance.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 7:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Do not trust any user whose previous ID History includes shagadellique
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 10:06 PM
#
rocketrider101 - I bought a 233 MHz Pentium motherboard from him years ago. It was supposed to arrive in 2 weeks, but it came 7 months later. I had already forgotten about it, and all of the sudden it came in the mail the next school year. I sent him some angry e-mails and reported him to an eBay moderator, but I haven't heard anything since.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 10:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

radiorara123. he took 1 month to ship my jornada 720, after almost daily mails (i even had to send a mail to his mother) and it arrived incomplete (missing the HP vga-out card).
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 11:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Let me start first by saying I don’t like to put negatives out there, and I feel like this thread should also talk about good e-bayers. That being said I will put out a negative.

I bought a IBM laptop from sphinxinator, (no longer an e-bay member, but I feel like venting.) It was described as a very nice laptop with every thing I needed. It came 1.5 months later. Battery was dead and no AC adapter. I bought another one, and when I booted it up it had Gentoo Linux and password protected. It also had a CMOS password. The computer looked awful, real bad!!! I had to but a new keyboard. With all of the problems the computer had I emailed a lot of times with no reply. I really think the laptop was stolen. Me being the persistent nerd I am, I dumped everything and changed the keyboard. Loaded XP and it worked for a little while, then I started getting very weird errors. Now when I turn on the computer it boots up, then about 5 minutes later the screen goes dead. It is now being stored at my folks house with 5 old non working laptops. Since I bought my 790 I have not touched a laptop! Oh well, another lesson learned...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 11:31 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

matrixcore - 2005-11-23 9:56 PM

radiorara123. he took 1 month to ship my jornada 720, after almost daily mails (i even had to send a mail to his mother) and it arrived incomplete (missing the HP vga-out card).

How did you get his mother's e-mail?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 11:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yoldering: You could just make a thread on Highly recommended eBay users..
Everyone: Thanks to everyone who has participated to make this list lager..
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 2:56 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I can't recall very well, but apparently, that was the account's registered email (he was using his mom's account to sell).

Sorry about your laptop thingie
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 3:10 AM
#
matrixcore - 2005-11-23 11:56 PM

Sorry about your laptop thingie

Sorry? Do you have a guilty concience?! Just kidding.

I wonder what those bad eBay users would think if they saw this thread... wait, I probably don't want to know...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 3:19 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I would love them to see this thread, just to see a group communicating about how bad they are and therefore screwing them over in the future...

They may have my address, but I have theirs as well.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 4:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

They might have a 'guilty concience' after reading this thread...Or have an evil pleasure from reading this thread or feel wrongly accused ...
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 5:41 PM
#
I wonder if there is an official website with a huge database for submitting bad eBay users, or related things like that. I'll look into it...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 8