x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Intermec 6651 and BetaPlayer, TCPMP, PocketMVP

citivolus Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 9:50 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Can anyone point me to a version of any of these that has been customized for the Intermec 6651? The current 0.66 TCPMP plays very slowly (best I could get was 15fps at 320x240, 340kbit stream; forget playing full screen).

thanks!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 12:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

There are other options for video... There is also Wodeon and PocketTV as other options for video players...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 3:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you contacted the developer (http://www.picard.exceed.hu)? Maybe they're working on a version optimized for TFT screens.

Wodeon and PocketTV are not bad, but they're older, and Wodeon in particular can't handle too much output. But since they're both freeware too, they're probably worth a try.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-11-15 3:42 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 4:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

citivolus - 2005-11-15 3:50 PM

Can anyone point me to a version of any of these that has been customized for the Intermec 6651? The current 0.66 TCPMP plays very slowly (best I could get was 15fps at 320x240, 340kbit stream; forget playing full screen).

i think the problem is that the cpu / video chip (if there's a dedicated one) in the intermec just cant play full screen videos at a reasonable fps...
still it is worth trying to play with the settings in tcpmp. also, try the unstable 0.9x versions of tcpmp, those have some support for special video chips, i dont know if the intermec is supported but you should look into this.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 5:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

citivolus - 2005-11-15 7:50 AM

best I could get was 15fps at 320x240, 340kbit stream; forget playing full screen

At least you can play video, I hear the other sub-notebooks freeze when you try to play video...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, i think that was because the mips builds of earlier tcpmp versions were buggy... am i not right?
 Top of the page
citivolus Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 6:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

tenjeangosi - 2005-11-15 5:10 PM

citivolus - 2005-11-15 7:50 AM

best I could get was 15fps at 320x240, 340kbit stream; forget playing full screen

At least you can play video, I hear the other sub-notebooks freeze when you try to play video...

I agree, but I've got high hopes for this. I found the following old post over on Brighthand's forum:

Originally posted by wallythacker
Betaplayer is a HOT prospect!!!

compiled for most h/pc platforms. I'm using .92 (unstable, buggy) but it holds great promise.
Get it here : [url]http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/

To encode divx for pocket/hand devices use this:
[url]http://divx.ppccool.com/

I sort of ababdoned mpg stuff as pocketmvp was flaky for me. I never had proper audio. I probably missed something. So now divx is my entertainment weapon of choice on my 'mec. I was getting 20-22fps on on 320kb bitsteams. Not too shabby. So with the above tools we now have a complete divx arsenal.

Our 'mecs & h/pcs can never have too many goodies

wallythacker, I've seen you post over here, and since this forum is a lot more active than Brighthand for HPC's, could you respond here? Please post how you were able to achieve this performance on your Intermec 6651. I tried running both the 0.96 Unstable version of BetaPlayer and the latest 0.70 version of TPCMP and neither came close to your 20-22 fps on a 320kb bitstream. Picard was kind enough to send me the old version of Pocket MVP he worked on several years ago but that won't play video at all.

thanks!
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 8:31 PM
#
Geez, I can hardly remember what settings I used. It was more of a proof of concept for me. I'm pretty sure I had the video <100% size, IIRC. As for the content, I have no clue what I used then.

I *think* I used the performance thingie in Betaplayer to measure the rate. In any event , I was totally happy with the video appearance and playback, which is subjective.
 Top of the page
citivolus Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 9:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

wally,
did you just install the standard "unstable betaplayer 0.92" or a specialized version? i assume you used pocketdivx to convert the video to 320x240 and didn't play it full screen, right?
just want to confirm what the best i could obtain might be.

thanks.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 2:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-11-15 2:58 PM

no, i think that was because the mips builds of earlier tcpmp versions were buggy... am i not right?

OH, yes. I remember that well . . . .
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 5:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

citivolus - 2005-11-16 3:23 AM

wally,
did you just install the standard "unstable betaplayer 0.92" or a specialized version? i assume you used pocketdivx to convert the video to 320x240 and didn't play it full screen, right?
just want to confirm what the best i could obtain might be.

there's no specialized version for the intermec imo... the best you can get is 0.9x as it includes support for some special video chips... i see you already tried it..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9