x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wally no loggie in
wally no loggie in Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 8:49 PM
#
Ok, I must ask. Any one get their USB digicam to work with their 6651? I've tried a couple Finepix, and my Pentax Mx. None are recognized

However, my MP 880 with ce.211 and the Clik! usb driver recognizes all my digicams. Kinda annoying that the older OS does the job. One more note. IIRC, the borrower of my munched 'mec said her Canon digi (A80?) was recognized right away.

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 12:48 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Maybe asking to this guys will help you to get an updated USB Mass storage driver.

Edited by matrixcore 2005-11-16 12:50 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 4:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wally no loggie in - 2005-11-16 2:49 AM

Ok, I must ask. Any one get their USB digicam to work with their 6651? I've tried a couple Finepix, and my Pentax Mx. None are recognized

However, my MP 880 with ce.211 and the Clik! usb driver recognizes all my digicams. Kinda annoying that the older OS does the job. One more note. IIRC, the borrower of my munched 'mec said her Canon digi (A80?) was recognized right away.

hmm, can't you try the clik drivers on your intermec? or don't they work on hpc2000?

it depends on the digicam too, if it's not behaving like standard mass storage, you're out of luck mine is such a camera but another i have here (not mine, gah) is working fine! ...no not on an intermec, as i don't have this hpc... on the MP900C.
ah, and the usb cable for that digicam is usable in both ways... i can plug it in both usb ports of the MP
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 5:29 PM
#
Cmonex, what camera do you have that won't work?

The clik drivers don't work on hpc2k, sigh. They, IMO, are better than the USB drivers available for my 6651. Never a hang or crash and better compatibility.

The Jungo guys want money. That puts them off my list. Each penny I spend on software keeps me away from another hpc. I have plenty of paid software for a long time. I'd rather have more hpcs. I'm sorry I missed the awesome 728 package. Oh well.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 7:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wally - 2005-11-17 11:29 PM

Cmonex, what camera do you have that won't work?

The clik drivers don't work on hpc2k, sigh. They, IMO, are better than the USB drivers available for my 6651. Never a hang or crash and better compatibility.

The Jungo guys want money. That puts them off my list. Each penny I spend on software keeps me away from another hpc. I have plenty of paid software for a long time. I'd rather have more hpcs. I'm sorry I missed the awesome 728 package. Oh well.

camera is minolta dimage e323, and it is not using the standard usb mass storage mode, not even when i plug it in the PC (oh i hate that camera soft it uses, instead of showing up as a disk). that's why it doesn't work on the 900C.. it just asks for a driver..

i don't see why they wouldn't work on hpc2000, the ARM version of them work fine on hpc2000. is the mips version screwed up?

lol, a j728 just went on ebay for 220$. say something to that.
how many more hpcs do you want anyway? i finished buying newer ones (hpc2000 and above.. hm maybe a sig 2), i just need to complete my old hpc collection. (ah, a MP700 would be so unique for example...)
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 9:30 PM
#
$220 ! Wow, not bad at all. But did it have all the goodies like the deal here?

I like having 2 of everything , well, hpcs anyway. Once you've taken the time to perfect an image for the first one there's no work for the second. I don't think I want a second SL4 tho unless it's another dirt cheap one.

I'll try the clik drivers again. Maybe I missed something. I'll toast the registry USB info and see if that helps. Hey.. they should work on the SL4. Duh, can't remember if it has a USB host port. THink it does, it's in a drawer and I'm too lazy to dig it out.

If my 880 recognizes my Optio MX4 and Finepix then I can't see why the 6651 won't. If I go on a photo trip carrying the 6651 and my jukebox is more compact than the 880 and my jukebox.

Besides, the 880 is no match for the performance of the 6651 when using USB. (50-75Kb/sec vs. 4-500Kb/s)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 10:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no it didn't have much stuff, just AC adapter and stylus and of course a "728" battery (i suppose so..), a little better than a "720" one. but i remember you buying that 720 and it had everything twice

btw don't you want to update your signature (when you get the time to log in)? everyone's lost track if you have the MP790 / SL4 etc or not...
(sorry if you've already done it)

maybe you could hard reset the intermec for the testing..

no, the SL4 doesn't have usb host.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 10:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I thought you swapped ROMs in the MPs. Didn't the USB in the "890" work with the H/PC 2000 ROM and the Clik! driver?

Edited by CE Geek 2005-11-17 10:59 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Sig updated. TY for the reminder.

I hard reset the 6651 and the clik drivers do work but slowly, 50Kb/s or so. Still no joy with my Pentax tho. Frustrating that my 880 recognizes my Pentax, so it must be something peculiar to the 6651 usb implementation or hpc2k.

I opened the 880 and 789 to swap roms but the 789 didn't want to give up its rom, and I wasn't going to pry too hard. I had visions or tearing the ribbon cables. I thought after I removed the screws the rom board would just flop around. Nope.

Any tips are appreciated.

If I do get the roms swapped I can pin down my Pentax problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 11:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i read on ppcmag that the 890 (actually the 790 rom) has absolutely no usb support so the clik drivers will not work. but maybe they were wrong, so it's worth a try!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 2:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Huh? So did NEC hide/remove the USB port on the 890? I've never seen one so I dunno.
It's a huge backward step if they did.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, no, the 890 never existed officially. it is a 880 upgraded with the 790 rom. and as the 790 has no usb, its rom will have no usb support either...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 12:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Alrighty then. I learn new things here everyday. So if I swap the 880 rom up to hpc2k I lose the 880 USB functions. Shame. I really like the 880 for comfort and writing. It's my favorite all around choice when I do lots of input or reading.

That, and the clik usb which recognizes everything I've plugged in to date. It would be hard to give that up. The 880 could become my favorite with hpc2k OS and usb support. I love the MP keyboards. Nothing else comes close.

But here's an interesting point. If the 780 / 880 roms are identical (as they can be swapped), then doesn't that mean the 780 rom in an 880 would support the USB? So does that imply that if the 780 rom supports usb then why not the 790 rom?

Edited by wallythacker 2005-11-19 12:43 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 3:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-11-19 6:39 AM

But here's an interesting point. If the 780 / 880 roms are identical (as they can be swapped), then doesn't that mean the 780 rom in an 880 would support the USB? So does that imply that if the 780 rom supports usb then why not the 790 rom?

so dstn isnt so acceptable after all!?

i don't understand this about the 780 rom... i don't think they're identical, 880 rom has usb support and 780 rom doesn't...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

For around the house while writing, low light, DSTN is fine. Outside, well, another matter altogether. Nothing beats the TFT of our machines. When viewing pictures, same thing. TFT all the way.

Do you know of anyone who's put a 790 rom into an 880? That would answer the question for sure. Hmm, wait a sec. I'm gonna look in my 790 registry..........

To my delight all the standard USB keys are in the 790 registry. I think NEC has USB support in all their roms, and it depends, of course, on the unit having a usb port.

Now, if someone can tell me how to release the 790 rom after I removed the screws I'd be happy.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.24 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 28