x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ATTN: music freaks.. a couple of tips

moz Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 12:22 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm guessing most people don't use Windows Media Player, as there are quite a few better AV players out there (I personally prefer GSplayer). But changing players means losing control of the new player through the silver buttons on the front of the Jornada. Here's how I remapped my buttons in the registry (simply change the 'Default' values of the following keys to the new paths):

-
Assign the volume profile toggler to the [+] button:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40D1 --> \windows\volprof.exe

-
Assign a different media player to launch with the [|>] button:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40D3 --> \Program Files\gsplayer\GSPlayer2.exe (or whatever player you use)

-
Since using the Jornada as an MP3 player without AC can suck away the battery, I wanted a quick way to shut off the screen, but continue the music. Assign the display profile toggler to the [-] button:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40D2 --> \windows\hpdispoff.exe

-
By the way, key 60C1 will let you re-map the Jornada homepage key. Also by chance found that in Total Commander you can drag a file/folder/shortcut to the toolbar, and assign a custom icon. I put a button for my MP3 folders, PIE, and one for invoking a synch (calls \windows\async.asy).

I know this stuff is probably old news for most of you, but I thought I'd share it with anyone that cares/didn't know.. Oh, also.. another nifty thing I've been using the J for is streaming shoutcast.com audio (and MP3's from my PC) onto my stereo. Just plug a cable with a dual RCA-to-headphone jack into the Jornada and your stereo input.

moz

Edited by moz 2005-11-17 12:37 AM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 1:19 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I didn't know it could be changed with a registry key...heh.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 5:39 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yup, it's all just a registry key... I did start a small application to allow me to interact with Winampaq, as winampaq doesn't have the ability to parse command lines, but never finished it.

You can also pass arguments to the command line that you invoke...
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 1:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey, Thats great, that will definetly come in handy, thanks.

Nick
 Top of the page
moz Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 8:43 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Glad it was useful to someone! I don't know of any valid arguments to pass to GSPlayer, so this is the only method I'm aware of..

moz
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10