x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Scanner with a hp/c?

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 3:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I know that many kinds of ce devices are used for industrial purposes as bar code scanners. I am wondering if anyone has ever found a scanner for the hp/c that would allow it to scan text or business cards? possibly work like a fax? What I am most interested in doing is to be able to scan quotes from books, magazines and newspapers that I am reading so that I can save them and put them in a database for later use. Can be off the shelf or can be a discussion on hardware mods...

Thanks!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-17 9:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What version of CE do you have?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm really reaching back into my memory here.

I had a Storm(?) portable scanner a few years back. It was just wider than a page, and about 2" diameter and it was single sheet fed. It was nifty and so portable. It came with an awesome Win program called Papermaster. (That's the best digital storage program for scanned images I've ever seen.)

Anyway, I *think* I remember seeing a CE directory on the cdrom. I had no clue what CE was at the time so I never bothered checking it out. Do some digging. It may suit your needs.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm really reaching back into my memory here.

I had a Storm(?) portable scanner a few years back. It was just wider than a page, and about 2" diameter and it was single sheet fed. It was nifty and so portable. It came with an awesome Win program called Papermaster. (That's the best digital storage program for scanned images I've ever seen.)

Anyway, I *think* I remember seeing a CE directory on the cdrom. I had no clue what CE was at the time so I never bothered checking it out. Do some digging. It may suit your needs.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.117 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9