x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wacky touchscreen on Cassiopeia A-20

BlackHawk
BlackHawk Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 5:09 AM
#
I have a Cassiopeia A-20 that I obtained relatively cheaply, but with one catch: the touch screen didn't work quite correctly. Even after calibrating it a few times, nearly all of the screen surface has ~5mm inaccuracy, and one area near top right corner has a few centimeters of inaccuracy! I could live with the former, but the latter is driving me nuts. I considered just buying something more modern (and working), but with the price tags involved, I was barely able to afford this A-20, not to mention anything better, even used.

So, the question is: how can this be fixed? Of course replacing the entire touchscreen assy is out of question (look above), but I know that there are programs to fix it. The only problem is, the only ones I found are all for Palm OS. Are there any such progs for WinCE2? I'd greatly appreciate any help.
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 8:29 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

BlackHawk - 2005-11-19 5:09 AM

So, the question is: how can this be fixed? Of course replacing the entire touchscreen assy is out of question (look above), but I know that there are programs to fix it. The only problem is, the only ones I found are all for Palm OS. Are there any such progs for WinCE2? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Don't think you're going to find a software fix for that problem. Sounds like the digitizer is shot. So yeah, replacing the LCD/touchscreen assembly is what would be required.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BlackHawk - 2005-11-19 11:09 AM

i think no such programs are available for wince, especially not for CE 2.0, at least i never heard about them,
palms have an advantage here.

you could buy another CE 2 unit quite cheap, maybe even a colour one ...
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 3:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Emm...does anyone know which dgitizer chip is used there??Soldering in a new one may be chaeper than all, I think.

Marco
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

fragenmensch - 2005-11-19 3:28 PM

Emm...does anyone know which dgitizer chip is used there??Soldering in a new one may be chaeper than all, I think.

Marco

Erm....chip? The glass top is probably scratched to the point that it doesn't read stylus pressure reliably. May not be visible damage, but more than likely this is the culprit - particularly since the problem is worse in one corner.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 19 - Executed queries : 52