x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Serial mouse instead of touch screen?

BBain
BBain Page Icon Posted 2004-12-11 2:11 PM
#
I havea recollection that certain versions of WinCE had a serial mouse driver, but I could be wrong. I'd like to be able to use a serial mouse with a z50 instead of the pointer stick. Any help appreciated!

Bill
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-11 4:03 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yeah, about 50 companies have a z50 model for like motorcycles and stuff, next time please say that it is from IBM and save us some battery life...as in about 16%...(Yeah mine is definitely dying).

Anyways, I see it has a serial port, so just get a mouse for $5 and try it out...Make sure it is the right gender first, I believe your serial port needs to be female? Oh and I see it has a usb port too? You can also experiment with that. Mice are cheap these days, but you probably have a better bet with a serial one. I found one in the garage a while ago, but I don't have this model...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-11 5:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

BBain,
I've never had a mouse working in it. I lack the actual converter to do it with a serial mouse mind. Technically if it would work you could do it with a PS2 ball mouse with a serial changer and then the changer from the end of the sync cable to the mouse.
I have though never seen anyone having success in getting it to work so I've not pursued it.

PS,
my z50 doesn't have USB on it. to my knowledge none of them do.
If you're in doubt on a H/PC device, look it up on our device list first
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/devices/

EDIT: I just went and had a rake about in my gender changer bag. (... does that sound kinky ). I don't have the required converter. So I cannot be more specific to you.
Again though, I've never seen reference to or been contacted by anyone who has done it with a z50.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-11 5:20 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Hehe I did what I know...yeah I saw a review that pointed to another review that said something about usb and a mouse...but as I am about to eat lunch I am to lazy to link it. But typing in z50 ce in google andabout 4-5 down I think was it. Hehe C:Amie so you have a bag of gender changers do you? I only have a small ziploc of them...

-Oh, very late on this one but C:Amie the reason why I couldn't have spaces between my paragraphs while running on my hpc is because in rich edit mode it seems that hitting enter on my hpc doesn't enter the <BR> command. (if that actually does make a break in this, it is the BR command in <>
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.796 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8