x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-20 12:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hello,

I am on a computer running Windows XP, I just bought a Q-Stor IrDA USB adapter today... I ran the drivers and the adapter itself works and I even 'supposedly' synced with my 2010c.. Ok, so my computer is connected to my 2010c... I right click the AS tray icon to open AS, and click it, then the computer does nothing... I try to install H/PC 2.0 SP1... The CE App manger does not come up. So, I navigate to the AS folder and double click the App Manager, and you guessed it, it did not come up... So, I find the SP1 cab, navigate to the Mobile Devices foler and Windows shoots a message stating "Critical communications have failed to start. Try resetting the mobile device and try again" I did try again, heck, I reintalled AS 3.8 about 3 times and even deleted the folder and the reinstalled... Serial connection kind of works, however, I still get the error message... What has happened?

Joseph (aka tenjeangosi)
 Top of the page
Alex_the_Greek
Alex_the_Greek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-20 8:42 AM
#
Hello my friend.

I had a similar problem, but with CE 3.0

I do not know if it helps, but I solved it by using an alternate application for sending/receiving data via IR. In particular, I used irOBEX which is freeware and you can find it here:

http://masataka.mailbbs.com/ez/en/#ezo
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-20 11:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you, but AS will not even let me transfer programs to my 2010c...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-21 10:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

For some reason, I still have the problem, I unistalled and reinstalled 3.8 a few times and I even came up with a weird idea: installing AS 4.1 (whch worked correctly) and then uninstalled 4.1, then reinstalled 3.8... I even deleted the AS directory after unistall... What is going on?
Thanks for *any* help t all

Joseph
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-22 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just to add to the "many AS problems".......

AS stopped working. on BOTH pc's at home! we have only two ... ok and the subnote... but it doesn't have AS installed currently, only H/PC Explorer 1.1, Epoc connect (Psiwin clone) and hotsync. lol. i'm afraid adding AS to this mess would not help.
my PC has only AS installed, and a reinstall didn't help. version is of course 3.8. will not recognize ANY of my devices, no usb, no serial.... don't know about wlan. i can't try that as all my devices that had a partnership have had at least one hard reset since the partnership lol...
other PC has hotsync installed too, but i turned it off... hmm only after the AS connection failure... maybe that's the problem?!
i don't believe in reinstalls, and it didn't work for me in any case

edit: ok i recognize now the forum in which i've just posted this.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-22 8:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

lol, cmonex. Almost exact problem. I can kind of sync to just where AS recognizes it, but does not allow me to view or install files on the H/PC..
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-22 8:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

...and does not even open either...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11