x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any games for bSquare PHH?

1 2
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-11-21 2:16 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have now, thanks to this forum, got most of my work requirements on the PHH, but would like a few games!!!!

I have a few card games (thivesandkings.com) and ICBM, chess, reversi - does anyone else have any games up and running on the PHH??????
 Top of the page
Baktermester
Baktermester Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 11:20 AM
#
Warfare Inc. is one of the best WinCE strategy games and it runs perfectly on the BSQ using GAPI.
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 11:58 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

How about mamece? does it work on our beautiful bSquares ?

And tell me more about that Warfare you said, and whats exactly that about GAPI

Thank you
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi

This link will take you to a description of the game, and this other link will take you to the GAPI site, where you can see a brief explanation of it and you can download it.

hope this helps
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Baktermester - 2005-11-23 5:20 PM

Warfare Inc. is one of the best WinCE strategy games and it runs perfectly on the BSQ using GAPI.

hello! don't you want to register?
oh, BSQ...
 Top of the page
Baktermester
Baktermester Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 4:09 PM
#
Hi!

1) Download GAPI from www.wincesoft.de. It is basically a direct access layer to the framebuffer device, so graphically intensive applications run much faster with it. (It is very much like DirectDraw on PC's).
GAPI is included natively in PPC's but for HPC's and some "interesting" devices such as the BSQ you have to download this implementation.
Some games and applications will run without GAPI but MUCH slower.
Most of them however, simply refuse to work without it!
The good news is that GAPI support for BSQ is included in the latest version, and I have to say, it works very well!

2) I used MameCE a long time ago, but because MorphGear is much better, I didn't bother with it. Give it a try! (MorphGear runs on the BSQ).

If you like 'oldie' adventure games, it is also worth to take a look at ScummVM. Unfortunately, it is only supported up to the 0.7.1 version on anything else than a PPC.

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 4:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

*If* the PHH has a MIPS processor, than I recommend Mirosoft's game pack..
 Top of the page
Baktermester
Baktermester Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 4:56 PM
#
It has a 400 MHz XScale processor.
That's why Warfare Inc. runs, since it is a(n ARM) PPC game.
I forgot to mention that it also requires a "dummy" aygshell.dll but I guess you'll find that info at the mentioned link too. (www.wincesoft.de)
There are chances that other PPC games will work with this method, and other with some additional DLL's...for example Palmchess works with another aygshell, but the menus are a bit crappy.
It would be a good idea to begin collecting infos and results of PPC games running on the BSQ.

Edited by Baktermester 2005-11-23 4:58 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 9:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Baktermester - 2005-11-23 10:56 PM

It would be a good idea to begin collecting infos and results of PPC games running on the BSQ.

yeah we should make that BSQ site we talked about...
 Top of the page
pjbltd Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Please make a BSQ website!!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pjbltd - 2005-11-26 12:10 AM

Please make a BSQ website!!!

we will
but we need your contribution also!

i'll make a thread on the details now in the forum. check it out!
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 9:07 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Baktermester - 2005-11-23 4:09 PM

Hi!

1) Download GAPI from www.wincesoft.de. It is basically a direct access layer to the framebuffer device, so graphically intensive applications run much faster with it. (It is very much like DirectDraw on PC's).
GAPI is included natively in PPC's but for HPC's and some "interesting" devices such as the BSQ you have to download this implementation.
Some games and applications will run without GAPI but MUCH slower.
Most of them however, simply refuse to work without it!
The good news is that GAPI support for BSQ is included in the latest version, and I have to say, it works very well!

2) I used MameCE a long time ago, but because MorphGear is much better, I didn't bother with it. Give it a try! (MorphGear runs on the BSQ).

If you like 'oldie' adventure games, it is also worth to take a look at ScummVM. Unfortunately, it is only supported up to the 0.7.1 version on anything else than a PPC.

Hi Baktermester, good afternoon.

I just downloaded MorphGear and the modules for Sega and SNes, apart from installing GAPI first, but is not working.
I downloaded the MorphGear for Handheld PC Version 2.3.0.2 ones, and I dont know if they are the correct ones.
There are 2 more options apart from this one I took:

MorphGear for Pocket PC 2003 Version 2.3.0.2
MorphGear for Pocket PC 2003 devices with the Intel XScale processor running Windows Mobile 2003. This includes devices such as the Dell Axim X5 Advanced, Dell Axim X3, and HP iPAQ 2215.

MorphGear for Pocket PC 2000-2002 Version 2.3.0.2
MorphGear for Pocket PC devices including the Compaq iPAQ, Dell Axim, HP Jornada 548/568, and Casio EM-500/E-125/E-115.

Do you know wich one I have to get? Thanks for the info
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 11:18 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I install it, all by default, and once i go where it install it there is nothing, no exe file or any. Only if a choose to view ol files I can see 4 files that were hidden, but they are like ini files in windows, same icon. After I install the 2 modules it still the same, no exe file whatsoever. What I´m doing wrong??? HELP, thanks
 Top of the page
Baktermester
Baktermester Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 11:23 AM
#
MorphGear for HPC is the correct one, it should work with GAPI installed.
What error message(s) do you get, or does it simply hang?
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 11:48 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, there is no error message, it just that there is nothing in the folder that it creates, in Program files, games, morphgear, it is totally empty apart from these 4 icons that are hidden, nothing else.... I have install it 3 times already, but no luck. It doesnt create anything in the folder, no exe file or anything.

Edited by Slaine 2005-12-06 11:50 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11