x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1 Concerns

1 2 3
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 4:35 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Jake - 2005-11-23 2:06 PM

I looked at a lot of posts last night, and in that blur, I think I remember Chris saying that HPC/Explorer can't run with AS on any machine. And his tutorial about Explorer and XP promises difficulty since the whole procedure seems to trick XP somewhat. But Tenjeangosi thinks it can be done, hmmm...

Well, I know that in some thread, Chris did say that if you install AS 3.7, then H/PC Explorer, than it works...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

"Two sets of rechargable NiMh batteries, never used (modified for Velo)"

lol, plain ni-mh will work fine. you just can't recharge them inside the velo without the mod.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
"Two sets of rechargable NiMh batteries, never used (modified for Velo)" --yeah, I was perplexed by that as well. Especially since I never heard of the Velo until yesterday. But now I find out that the darn thing can take straight AA batteries--very cool, the power of the gray-scale screen.

Tenjeangosi, I'll keep HPC/Explorer in mind, though hope to run 2.0 ESPECIALLY since I just remembered EZOBEX, a nifty little IR transfer program for all processors, weighing it at only 67K for the Velo 1 MIPS. With that, I can forgo the larger Total Commander, but EZOBEX is only for 2.0 and above.

Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 11:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, I really hope that CE 2 works for you...
Oh and by the way, you should repetadly look on eBay (or anywhere else) for the PCMCIA adapter for the Velo 1...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 8:01 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That adapter is intriguing, but it looks beau-coupe clumsy, one of those add-ons that needed another meeting at the drawingboard
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 3:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The adapter looks rather flimsy and the little RAM slot looks as though it could not even hold a PCMCIA card...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm writing this from the middle of nowhere in Costa Rica. With nothing but a Psion Revo, a telnet program, and a cellphone. If this actually postrs, then one can telnt to forums in HPCFactor. But to matters at hand, yes, I'm hoping to get by one just the machine and cards themselves. Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 4:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm writing this from the middle of nowhere in Costa Rica. With nothing but a Psion Revo, a telnet program, and a cellphone. If this actually postrs, then one can telnt to forums in HPCFactor. But to matters at hand, yes, I'm hoping to get by one just the machine and cards themselves. Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 5:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It worked... Congratulations..
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, but look at the lousy typing! I'm at my laptop now, and it's 1000 times easier to post.

When you telnet your post, you just get one long line to write, which means you can't reread anything, hence the errors.

But at least you check posts, and telneting CCN and other news is remarkably speedy.

Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 6:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Has your Velo 1 come yet? I am still bidding on mine...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 6:41 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yes, that is a problem I have noticed about posting on this forum (or all?) with a console browser. Maybe one of them got it right, but definitely not lynx or links.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm still waiting on my Velo, Tenjeangosi, and since it's coming by APO, I'll be waiting a while. Good luck on your own bidding.

As for telnet and forums, I'm amazed that I can log in, but Lynx does make it difficult for anything but viewing.

Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 12:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thanks... The Velo 1 item is ending in about 8 hours... The Nino 320 is ending in about 10 hours... It really makes me nervous that I might not win the items...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

After using ebay for many items, I never felt I paid too much--or if I did, I don't remember it.

I only remember the times that the item was late, or worse, broken or in a condition other than promised. (My Osaris, for instance)

So if it's a machine you really want, throw in an extra five or ten. You won't feel it as long as it arrives intact.

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8