x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 3:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, it's hardware and I can hook my MP machines to it so here goes. That and I know some sharp mind here will have the answer.

My TFT monitor is rated at 1024x768 maximum resolution. It works all the way to 1280x1024. How come the discrepancy between the rated resolution and what it is capable of?

Will I cause any damage running it at the higher resolution? I don't want to kill it as I'm not gonna find another so cheap.

Thanks people
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 8:59 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I think the frequency also needs to be set..
Example: Someone needs to set their computer at 72 Hertz, not 60 Hertz...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 3:14 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Generally, running a tft at the wrong resolution (higher or lower than optimal) will cause the image to look bad. But that does not necessarily mean that you are damaging it (I highly doubt that). Generally, most people run their tft's at the optimal resolution, because everything else looks terrible, as it was not designed to run that high of a resolution (too few pixels?).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-11-23 2:59 PM

I think the frequency also needs to be set..
Example: Someone needs to set their computer at 72 Hertz, not 60 Hertz...

i heard it doesnt matter with tft's.

hmm, i just use 1280x1024 as it is the native res here.. (17" tft) dont know if it can go any higher. but lower resolutions look TERRIBLE, that's so true!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 6:07 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I think the better displays actually make the screen size smaller when you lower the resolution, at least that is what my friend's laptop did. Too bad his video card couldn't run the game at a higher res.

I honestly do not think that the refresh rate makes a difference, unless if it somehow reduces blur. I raised the refresh from 60 to 72hz on my dad's laptop, and it looked exactly the same...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-24 12:07 AM

I think the better displays actually make the screen size smaller when you lower the resolution, at least that is what my friend's laptop did. Too bad his video card couldn't run the game at a higher res.

actually, it depends on the settings in the driver software. mine can do both (making or not making screen size smaller) and all tft's should be able to do this.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11