x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Same old, same old

1 2
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 3:34 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Something tells me that if I pop a cardbus card into my 720 while it is running Linux, nothing will happen.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-25 9:34 PM

Something tells me that if I pop a cardbus card into my 720 while it is running Linux, nothing will happen.

if CE doesn't support cardbus why make a hardware that supports it. that's what HP thought.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 8:01 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Then again, the way that HP thinks is to never release a driver for parts of their own system. Now that is innovative.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Will the 720 even accept a cardbus card? I thought they were keyed to prevent cardbus cards from being inserted into a pcmcia slot? Or are you using a hammer?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-11-26 2:19 AM

Will the 720 even accept a cardbus card? I thought they were keyed to prevent cardbus cards from being inserted into a pcmcia slot? Or are you using a hammer?

why wouldnt it accept them, as long as they're type II...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 1:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Cardbus and pcmcia cards have a ridge on the end of the card to prevent cardbus from being put into pcmcia slots. pcmcia can go into cardbus slots as the ridge allows it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, my cardbus dlink dwl-650 goes in the j720's pcmcia slot just fine. just tried it now.

anyway, do you mean the gold coloured thing? i don't think that's for it, or the j720 is trickier than that
 Top of the page
PBWookiee Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2005-11-25 2:43 PM

oh well i see now you already know about cab files, just your question about tricking activesync sounded like you didn't.

without having the software, it is difficult to help with hacking, but i have a few ideas
download executabilitycheck (http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php), copy it in ram on your jornada, run it and select the teletype EXE (as you already installed teletype from a cab file), then please copy the results here.

Well, I just figured out why my last two attempts to post failed. I'm not rewriting everything again. But basically, I can't get the program to run. I already had executability and the program won't run not matter where I have it or executability installed. I am waiting to hear back from the company to see if they have an earlier version that's compatable.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

PBWookiee - 2005-11-29 10:20 PM

But basically, I can't get the program to run. I already had executability and the program won't run not matter where I have it or executability installed. I am waiting to hear back from the company to see if they have an earlier version that's compatable.

executabilitycheck isn't a miracle that will automatically make your program run, it will just tell you what the problem(s) is (are) and then we may be able to fix that. so that's why i asked you about the results executabilitycheck reports. without that it isn't really possible..
of course if the developer has a compatible earlier version, that's the best solution.
 Top of the page
PBWookiee Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No problem. I figured out that's what the executability checker did from reading the forum. It makes sense that if nothing shows up in the dialog box, it just won't work on my system. I'll let you know if I hear back from Teletype. Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 6:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

did you run execheck in RAM?
if it still doesn't show anything, go to the teletype exe's folder and delete the new file execheck created, and try again.
if it still doesn't display anything then it could be that it just won't work.. especially if you already put aygshell.dll in the teletype program's folder or in \Windows (for example)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10