x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Minimo in CE.NET 4.1

1 2 3 4 5
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 12:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

After approximattely half an hour of hacking, i finally got minimo tu run in my sigmarion. screenshots will follow soon!.

Also, i will upload the files to my page.

Hope this helps the hpc community in general
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 4:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

HI Matrixcore.

What exactly is that Minimo? If you can explain

Saludos de un Espaniol viviendo en UK estos teclados no tienen la "enie" de "Espania"
 Top of the page
Max_Punktezahl Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 6:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

matrixcore - 2005-11-24 12:34 AM

After approximattely half an hour of hacking, i finally got minimo tu run in my sigmarion. screenshots will follow soon!.

Also, i will upload the files to my page.

Hope this helps the hpc community in general

Hi Matrixcore!

VERY GOOD NEWS!

Great, well done! I'am curious if it will work on my bSquare Maui too, which is also based on CE Net4.1. Please upload the files to your site!

I will try your modifications on my Maui too. It is based on minimo 010 ?
Please post your modifications (or a link to your site) to Doug Turner too, he can add if the the "Minimo on Windows CE Matrix" at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/WinCE/device_matrix.html

Andreas
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 1:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

@Slaine:

Minimo is a "Mini Mozilla" web browser, which i think it's better than IE in many aspects. About the spanish chars in the keybd, yes, they don't have it and it's sooo frustrating, i've been searching for a program to write accents and the "enie" in my sigmarion, but so far i haven't got anywhere . Saludos de un Mexicano viviendo en Mexico

@Max_Punktezahl:

I'll upload it to my site as soon as i can (in a few hours). just try not to kill my server, as i have only 128kbps upstream. About the minimo version, i've hacked 010 and 011 which just got out yesterday!!

Image 1 is the image of minimo when it has just started
Image 2 is the option menu when you click the top-left world icon
Image 3 is the general preferences tab
Image 4 is the auto-completing address bar (and some shameless self-promotion )
Image 5 is a fully loaded page (more shameless self-promotion )

Edited by matrixcore 2005-11-24 1:07 PM

(ScrSnap001.JPG)

(ScrSnap002.JPG)

(ScrSnap003.JPG)

(ScrSnap004.JPG)

(ScrSnap005.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScrSnap001.JPG (29KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments ScrSnap002.JPG (31KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments ScrSnap003.JPG (38KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments ScrSnap004.JPG (34KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments ScrSnap005.JPG (70KB - 6 downloads)
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 4:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi Slaine & Matrixcore,

Greetings from a Spanish guy who actually is living in Colombia (Slaine vivi en UK, Londres por dos anyos).

Matrixcore, thanks for getting the minimo working on your sig 3. I will recieve mine in a couple of weeks, and I want it with me right now. Could you tell me the web page in which you have uploaded the files in order to install it?

Slaine, respecto de el teclado en espnayol (mi portatil no tiene nye), yo estoy vendiendo mi jornada 710 con teclado de 690 (es un poco mas grande que el de la 720/728), tiene caracteres de teclado ingles pero funciona como uno espanyo con la nye y acentros. Echale un vistazo a la seccion de bay-trade, ademas viene con muchos extras (tarjeta vga para presentaciones) y creo que le voy a bajar el precio un poco, tal vez te interese.

Sorry for writing in Spanish but it is not very commnon to meet people from my country in these forums, . Now the English translation:

Slaine, regarding the keyboard with spanish characters (mi laptop hasn't the "nye", I am selling my jornada 710 with a j690 keyboard (it is a liitle bit bigger than the j720/728 one), it has english characters but the imput corresponds to a spanish keyboard (including "nye" and accents). Please, have a look at it on the bay-trade section of this forum. It comes with lots of extras including a vga out pcmcia card, and also I think about the possibility of decreasing the price a little, so you might be interested.

Thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey matrixcore, congrats!

i gave up on minimo after easily hacking 0.06, when the 0.07 version came out and it would no longer run in full screen!! (just qvga)
so apparently they fixed that issue!!!

i'm going now and hack it.... you didn1t tell us how to do it (grr, typical * ), but that's no problem!

*: it is so typical when someone creates a new thread about a cool new hack.... and doesn't tell about the details, just posts a few screenshots.. then the other hpc'ers are going to die from too much curiousity...

oh, and about spanish accented chars.. didn't you look at artskey? i thought they had spanish support.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks to all you.

the hack involves:
16.5 kb aygshell
yahoo hpc group cellcore.dll

and some hexediting, to remap some function imports not available in ce.net 4.1, it's 188 ordinal from aygshell and i can't recall the coredll.dll numbers very well, you may find them with execheck.

About the localization, i tried Artskey WE (2.1 for HPCPro), but it won't work, it gets in the taskbar and lets me switch layouts, but whatever layout i choose, the keybd will be the same!

this link will get you to the page where you can get it, but i haven't uploaded it yet, so wait three hours after this post's time to get it.

Hope this helps us all.

Next target: HPC2000 (i can hear all those jornada users out there!!)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i just did the hack and my method was exactly the same as yours...

but i don1t like minimo....... NF 3.3 is waaay better. at least thats my experience, but i loaded only two pages with it (minimo).

hack is this (for those who want to do it themselves):

aygshell, cellcore,

if you dont want to sign up for the yahoo group, get the cellcore.zip from my site, and get the sigmarion one (readme.txt!)
edit: or from matrixcore please post that file too.

and the hexedits:

missing functions are:
188 (Bound to: 800000BC)
1770 (Bound to: 800006EA)
1766 (Bound to: 800006E6)

so you just search for BC 00 00 80 and EA 00 00 80 and E6 00 00 80 hexa strings with a hexeditor, and replace all of them (2+2+2 instances) with 29 00 00 80.

and of course don't forget to rewrite the OS version for ALL dll's and exe's in minimo's folder.

that's all...

matrixcore:
peinfo was sooo annoying, it took 15 mins for it to dump minimo.exe!!!
or did you find a better solution??

artskey: did it install fine, or did you just copy the files?
i had the same problem with LE, but solved it.

hpc2000: hehe, it would be funny if they just needed cellcore. probly not just that. will be a hard task, someone (of course rgisondi ) hacked 0.07 on his j720, and it would run but would load only local pages or whatever, not sure... there's hoping!!

edit: about LE (language extender) again .... their page says this: "Other versions of Language Extender for HPC are available upon request."
another thing. a friend of mine started to hack the map files, .... it can be done at least partially. maybe we can get that spanish "n" into it. are there any other special spanish chars?? the hungarian layout has "รณ", i can't remember anything else now about spanish
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 9:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just had a go at my J72x (720 because that's the testmachine hehe)...
minimo will run with the exact same hack, but it will exit immediately after starting the dos prompt etc..
(yeah somehow minimo starts the dos prompt and only then itself)

and i got so many errors with execheck..

minimo.exe
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1645
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1672
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1615
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1499
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1497
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1498
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1654
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1652
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1651
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1667
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1726

and

shunt.dll
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1652
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1651
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1519
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1498
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1497
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1499

hrm nvm, netfront is better anyway. but minimo is free..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 11:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok after hexediting all these functions it freezes instead of exiting

won't try the many other variants now...
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 12:04 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Minimo takes up a pretty large chunk of ram. The problems you are having with it crashing (despite lack of errors) could be due to lack of ram. Have a 728 to try it on?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 12:18 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2005-11-25 6:04 AM

Minimo takes up a pretty large chunk of ram. The problems you are having with it crashing (despite lack of errors) could be due to lack of ram. Have a 728 to try it on?

nope, it isn't the ram..
720 has 26 MB free, 728 had 42 free, same symptoms.

but you just gave me an idea i did not check if all the errors went away after the hexedits or not... let's see that!!
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 12:20 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I can almost assure you it's not a RAM issue what keeps minimo from running on a 728. i've only 32mb for apps in the sigmarion and it runs quite nice (although starting it is like a child birth.... quite slow). It's an operating system issue (HPC2000 lacks some imports in it's coredll.dll)

For all those who want the package, the minimo 011 link is now active.

go to this page, select "english version" if you speak english, overtwise download from there. it's a winRAR self extracting file, which contains the cab for direct device installing.

I would really appreciate that someone with a PHH could try it and tell me if it runs.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 12:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, i did get NEW error messages after the hexedits.

execheck says to minimo.exe that cellcore.dll doesn't import 128 and 130.. easy, i don't need PEInfo to check their "environment" as i know these darn things and cellcore.dll (NF 3.3...)

shunt.dll no longer has any errors

let's see now..

oh and i can try it on the PHH for you!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 1:07 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

bad news...

all the error messages are gone now, however minimo still doesn't work. i tdoesn't freeze now, it will just exit. period.

(there's one last idea, but i'm tired for that now )
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 14