x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Minimo in CE.NET 4.1

1 2 3 4 5
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-10 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, sorry to hear that.

looking forward to success when you return
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 9:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

DataHaunt

I installed minimo on my Neta last night.

After testing virtually every cellcore.dll and coredll.dll in CmoneX's arsenal of goodies (from her website). I was able to get it running.

It crashes like crazy when I use any sort of key entry. (Mostly in the url address bar. It crashed some while entering information on a webpage (i.e. Google search). )

"Application minimo.exe has performed an illegal operation....

Program: minimo.exe
Exception: 0x000005
Address: 004ac330"

On a positive note the menus and icon shortcuts functioned fine.

To be honest, because it seems to be designed for a PDA. It (IMO) is a step down from IE4 on the Jornada and IE5 on the Neta.

With all the experimentation, it was difficult to remember exactly which additional .dll files worked properly. Based on the size of the files extracted from the archives I'm making my best guess:

Based on the size of the files:
Coredll.dll = Folder 3's version (529KB) (the directory "2" files may have worked a well).
cellcore.dll = 7.00 KB (probably from directory "5".

my aygshell.dll is located in the windows directory from a previous installation is 22.0KB in length.

Note: I placed the coredll.dll and cellcore.dll files in the minimo directory (renamed) and used execheck to point at the renamed files. The program version needed to be changed from 4.20 to 4.10.

On a note for the future: I wonder if it would be a good ideal to standardize the replacement files by changing the last digit of the filenames to "a", "b", "c", etc. -- ex. cellcore.dll = cellcora.dll or cellcorb.dll -- to help better identify the files.

Note: CmoneX has done a great job in describing the sources, and some files already have changed letters or numbers that help identify the file.

Dunno if this helps....

DG

Edited by David G 2006-05-11 9:18 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 10:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

David G - 2006-05-12 3:16 AM
With all the experimentation, it was difficult to remember exactly which additional .dll files worked properly. Based on the size of the files extracted from the archives I'm making my best guess:

Based on the size of the files:
Coredll.dll = Folder 3's version (529KB) (the directory "2" files may have worked a well).
cellcore.dll = 7.00 KB (probably from directory "5").

my aygshell.dll is located in the windows directory from a previous installation is 22.0KB in length.

Note: I placed the coredll.dll and cellcore.dll files in the minimo directory (renamed) and used execheck to point at the renamed files. The program version needed to be changed from 4.20 to 4.10.

On a note for the future: I wonder if it would be a good ideal to standardize the replacement files by changing the last digit of the filenames to "a", "b", "c", etc. -- ex. cellcore.dll = cellcora.dll or cellcorb.dll -- to help better identify the files.
DG

congrats!!

anyway can i be honest here...? i've never understood why it is difficult to document a hack.... you have the working setup and files in one dir on the hpc... correct?
this is why i don't understand
but i think you described it quite well.

i'd like numbers better to identify this hacking stuff. currently i identify them by using the folder numbers. or sometimes file sizes...

oh btw coredll... it is certainly only folder 3 (541696 bytes) that will work. folder 2 (533504 bytes) is missing exports 1766 and 1770..
but i didn't try them yet.
 Top of the page
wow
wow Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 10:11 PM
#
unless you got some paper wit keys for folders or some shiznit, just name them solemn letters, or just use the jornada and SHUT UP

p.s do i need to host my images on a site to post them? thats BS

-wow

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow - 2006-05-12 4:11 AM

unless you got some paper wit keys for folders or some shiznit, just name them solemn letters, or just use the jornada and SHUT UP

-wow

who did you mean that for?...

as for image hosting, ... if you want to post attachments you can upload them here just fine.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 10:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

wow - 2006-05-11 8:11 PM

PLease do NOT disrespect cmonex! She is a well-respected moderator on this forum, and frankly, we do NOT have to help you if you disrespect other users like this! Also, read the HPC:Factor rules before posting.. THere is no foul language or personal atacks allowed on this site..
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-12 12:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wow - 2006-05-11 9:11 PM

-wow

Is this some sort of code?

DG
 Top of the page
wow
wow Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 12:32 PM
#
ok i read those rules now, BTW personal attacks is quoted flaming, just easyer to type then personal attacks
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 11:55 AM
#
I reset my device and installed the WiFi card, DLLs and the edited Minimo I was abler to get working before and the unit generated the same illegal operation error with different exceptions and addresses. You are also right David that it happens when you try to access certain features.

I prefer not to use the plain PIE. I normally use Opera and Mathon (tabbed browser based on IE core files) and prefer a similar browser so I would have the same capabilities. I would also like a freeware solution seeing that I do not surf that much (yet) on my NETA.

If this problem cannot be solved, then I can use ftxpbrowser. It is still under development but does offer tabbed browsing and is just a single executable that you copy over to your device.

Opera has a version that is meant for some portable devices, but I could not get it to work on the NETA. The program checks out with execheck, but generates other errors.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 2:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what errors does it generate?
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 10:34 AM
#
I was using the newest version of Minimo. I downloaded the hacked 11 version and ran it. It does launch and I can edit properties without the previous illegal operation errors. I do not have WiFi access here, so I will have to test it later tonight.

It does launch an additional DOS window and seems a bit slow.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 11:04 AM
#
The current Minimo version produces the following illegal operation error:

Exception: 0xc000001c
Address: 80086f54
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 11:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Slightly off topic...

Have you tried the Opera browser.

I was able to get it to launch on my Neta with a few minor tweaks.

However, It will not download a web page. ...

Anyway, it looked good!

DG
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 11:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Off-topic as weell, I tried Opera for Pocket PC, I loved it ..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-05-17 11:55 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 12:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

David G - 2006-05-18 5:10 AM

Slightly off topic...

Have you tried the Opera browser.

I was able to get it to launch on my Neta with a few minor tweaks.

However, It will not download a web page. ...

Anyway, it looked good!

DG

oh that reminds me of the sig3. i forgot that rgisondi actually was able to run it. but opera couldn't read some important file so it couldn't download pages.... apparently it can if you have the right version of cenet 4.2

btw what tweaks did you do?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9